Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB locker installed in front or rear first?

Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ARB locker installed in front or rear first?

Just a quick question as I get ready for the next round of upgrades. If you were to install only one locker at a time which axle would you install it in? I have an X so I will be re-gearing as well as adding chromoly axles at the same time.

Around this neck of the woods there aren't a lot of trails for rock climbing (that and I don't think my sphincter can handle the added stress). Most of my wheeling is done in the mud, dry trail rides, and deep snow. I am trying to figure out which I would get the most benefit out of and still keep the costs down.

My thought process on this would be to lock the front end since most of the areas are relatively flat and the weight of the motor would remain on the front axles. I am aware of the weak front axle but I am quite level headed and don't let peer pressure get to me (two biggest reasons for breaks, no?).

I just wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a new in the box arb locker for the dana 44 non rubi rear for sale if you are interested. pm me.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

Sorry to dig this back up but no one has any more opinions on this?

Quick Reply: ARB locker installed in front or rear first?