Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB RD147 and RD157

Old 01-10-2014, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB RD147 and RD157

hi everybody!!!

i'm going to upgrade my axles on my 08 JK 2door Sahara.

for the front axle, i just bought a Rubicon D44 housing.... so i will buy ARB RD157 and 35 spline RCVs shafts.

for the rear axle, ( stock sahara D44 ), i assume i must buy RD147..... and 35 spline shafts
from ARB i know RD147 is for 3.73 &down r&p ratios..... but is also says that is for all ratios on JK rear axles.... is it correct?

for the front, i normally buy rubicon ring and pinion set, but for the rear? i assume normal rubicon r&p.... am i correct?

my aim is to mount 4.56 r&p ratio ( 35" or 37" ).... because actually with 3.73 and 35" is fine ( chipped CRD pulls them very fast )... but transmission heats very quickly with this ratio. when i drive to mountains, i often reach 110-120 degrees ( centigrades ).

a photo of my jeep!

and of my rubi axle.... ready to be filled

Old 10-15-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did this go. I did the same to the rear and I'm working on doing the front. The front is a pain. Just curious if you ever finished it. If so, I have some questions for you.

Quick Reply: ARB RD147 and RD157