Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ARB rear locker, Rubi fornt locker, Co2 Tank, and spod. I'm lost...

Old 02-09-2015, 07:55 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK505
Based on this, it should be pretty simple then. Air line from the tank (leave open while wheeling) to the solenoid (Or perhaps screwing the solenoid directly into the regulator?). Then another air line going from the solenoid to the locker. Then two wires going from the solenoid to the spod which will power it and give me the switch. If this is all correct, then I think I've got it!
Bingo!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Bingo!
You, sir, are the damn man. Thank you! Can't wait to get the tax return and get everything installed.

Edit: One last thing. Is it better to screw the solenoid directly into my regulator? I'm looking at getting a reg that has two set pressures. That way I don't have to keep switching the lines to air my tires up and such.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:59 PM
DJ1
Former Member

You, sir, are the damn man. Thank you! Can't wait to get the tax return and get everything installed.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Edit: One last thing. Is it better to screw the solenoid directly into my regulator? I'm looking at getting a reg that has two set pressures. That way I don't have to keep switching the lines to air my tires up and such.
Added it in a little late. But last question!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how it would work without the compressor though... Why do I always do this the hard way?

Wops! Sorry, I misunderstood you were running an air compressor and not just a refillable co2 tank. You are correct that the link I provided does require the arb compressor
Old 02-09-2015, 08:37 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Added it in a little late. But last question!
I don't see why it would be a problem?

Turtle Expedition » New Compressor System
--- Campbell Hausfeld mini pressure regulators monitor the air to our Fiamm air horns and ARB locker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 9.30.59 PM.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	596208

The only thing to really ever go wrong with the ARB's is a potential splice in the original thin walled air line which is why they came out with beefier air line kits...

Crown Performance Products ARB48F - Crown Performance 48" Heavy Duty Airline Kit for ARB Air Locker - Quadratec
Crown Performance Products ARB104R - Crown Performance 104" Heavy Duty Airline Kit for ARB Air Locker - Quadratec
http://www.independent4x.com/Indepen...er-_p_177.html
Old 02-09-2015, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DJ1
I don't see why it would be a problem?

Turtle Expedition » New Compressor System
--- Campbell Hausfeld mini pressure regulators monitor the air to our Fiamm air horns and ARB locker.

Attachment 596208

The only thing to really ever go wrong with the ARB's is a potential splice in the original thin walled air line which is why they came out with beefier air line kits...

Crown Performance Products ARB48F - Crown Performance 48" Heavy Duty Airline Kit for ARB Air Locker - Quadratec
Crown Performance Products ARB104R - Crown Performance 104" Heavy Duty Airline Kit for ARB Air Locker - Quadratec
Independent4x Braided Steel Air Line: ARB Air Locker
I'll be using braided stainless steel line so I don't think that will be an issue. Thanks again DJ.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 PM
DJ1
Former Member

no prob man
Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

What pressure to you plan to have in your tank? The ARB solenoids have a limit of 160 psi. You may need to regulate the pressure to them. ARB compressors turn off at 100 psi.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ade
What pressure to you plan to have in your tank? The ARB solenoids have a limit of 160 psi. You may need to regulate the pressure to them. ARB compressors turn off at 100 psi.
I honestly have NO clue what pressure the tank is at, it doesn't have a gauge. My plan was to get a regulator that allows for two separate lines and allows you to regulate each on individually. I'd have one set for 80 psi for the locker and one set higher for tire inflation. I think such device exists but I'm not sure yet.

Quick Reply: ARB rear locker, Rubi fornt locker, Co2 Tank, and spod. I'm lost...