Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aussie lockers

Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locker

I loved my aussie in my tj with 50,000 miles no problems, will put in the front of mine when i put my gears in. pretty easy install,

as far as snow, would put in rear unless it was selectable, front a little different, but manageable in the snow.

reliablility, well just depends on your right foot, but the capiblity will impress ya how effortless you make it up things ya might have struggled with in the past,

Last edited by blkpearl; 04-30-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

I e-mailed them about a month ago about the rear locker and they sid they are testing the D44 now. You will need to get an open carrier though, for some reason the limited slip carrier wont work, guess it's a different size. But this is the same route I was thinking about going. Aussie in the rear and build a D44 front with an ARB and chomoly axles.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

I dont have limited slip in the rear

so I should be good to go in the rear and up front, i will purchase as soon as they are release the jk verison
Old 05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on installing an Aussie in the front when I get new gears. At one time, I had lock-rites in the front and rear of my old YJ, (lock-rites and aussies essentially work the same). I put 50-60K miles on it, with no problems, before I swapped the axles out. Everyone seems to believe the Aussie is built better than the lock-rites. So, I will go that route.
We get plenty of snow in the Midwest and it was never a problem. Off road, or on road, in snow with 4wd. Sometimes offroading in the snow on a side hill could be a bit challenging
Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Just remember, the thurst washers on the JK are too thick (.047"). You will need thrust washers off of a TJ or YJ if you want it to be in tollerance.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 07 JK automatic with 4.10 gears and limited slip in the rear. can I get by with just installing the aussie lockers in the front and not need to change the gearing? Do I need any other kind of lockers in the rear?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Rescue JK,

That is the combination I have and I have run some of the easier 5's with that combo. The rear limited slip combined with the BDL, and you are basically locked.

5 out of a 1 to 5 scale.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 05-02-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: aussie lockers