Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which axles

Old 06-22-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which axles

I have an 07 jku blew my oem transfer and just ordered an Atlas 4spd transfer case KOR front and rear shafts and installed the AR truss kit now ordering axles what ones would you guys recommend. Thanks
Justin
Old 06-22-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Rockwell's
Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Rockwell's
I'd like to see another build with those. The only other one I remember seeing on here, the guy got banned for having an opinion...

If you don't want to build, Dynatrac is generally a safe choice.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

What about just upgrading axle shafts. I did find a set of Rockwells here for 4k complete
Old 06-22-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would try the rockwells but I have a 6 speed and would have to run 46" tires but they would be great with an 7-11 auto with 40's
Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

TenFactory has the best reputation. G2 has the same specs and warranty, and can be found cheaper. Either will work fine for you. Or, step up to RCV's if you think they are worth the price.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Bang for the buck rcv looks like a good way to go
Old 06-22-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Rockwells are illegal to use on road here. I would suspect the same in most other areas. First jeepa are guttless and rock wells are heavy... extremely heavy. Why would you ever need a differential that big ina jeep. Dana 60s are the biggest you would ever need. Even dana 44s with rcvs, sleeves and c gussets are plenty strong. Most issues come from people using 5:38s.. and lower gears which causes the spider gears to get so tiny. Just my 2 centsm jeeps are meant to be light not heavy. Whenver people say you need this and that. Just use common sense and get what your looking for. Iv ran my d44s for a long time. And i would never use a 60 or 80 and or rock well. Unless i am trying to make a a vehicle specific to one thing. But its your jeep do what you will. Even my brothers 1200hp mud truck on rock wells with 57.5" tractors doesnt break... its just that weird dropped t case that does. Lol
Old 06-22-2014, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jp3792
Rockwells are illegal to use on road here. I would suspect the same in most other areas. First jeepa are guttless and rock wells are heavy... extremely heavy. Why would you ever need a differential that big ina jeep. Dana 60s are the biggest you would ever need. Even dana 44s with rcvs, sleeves and c gussets are plenty strong. Most issues come from people using 5:38s.. and lower gears which causes the spider gears to get so tiny. Just my 2 centsm jeeps are meant to be light not heavy. Whenver people say you need this and that. Just use common sense and get what your looking for. Iv ran my d44s for a long time. And i would never use a 60 or 80 and or rock well. Unless i am trying to make a a vehicle specific to one thing. But its your jeep do what you will. Even my brothers 1200hp mud truck on rock wells with 57.5" tractors doesnt break... its just that weird dropped t case that does. Lol
Its unsprung weight... A guy here with rockwells on 54s broke shafts in the rocks till he custom shafts. I see lots if 60s break and tons if reasons for 14 bolts. Rockwells not as much on jeeps but if he does itd be sweet im sure.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz

Its unsprung weight... A guy here with rockwells on 54s broke shafts in the rocks till he custom shafts. I see lots if 60s break and tons if reasons for 14 bolts. Rockwells not as much on jeeps but if he does itd be sweet im sure.
Any smart person would change the shafts out first he has a 12v in it. Big ol yorque monster

Quick Reply: which axles