Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Ball Joints?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. I guess it is Synergy.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Thanks for all the replies. I guess it is Synergy.
I ran Synergy HDs on my 2010 JKU and loved them.... If your installing them yourself, clear your mind, have a few beers on hand, and remain patient. They are a bit of a biatch to install -- VERY tight fit. Be careful of the boots on the joints, they are pretty flimsy...
Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

I really wish I could tell you how the Synergy joints are. That would mean the work is done and that they have been in for a while.

I'll be doing mine and a friend's JK when 2 sets of Synergy joints come in.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Not quite. I have searched a few times. Not much comparison of the cheaper joints. Thank you though.

Do you know how Synergy are different from Alloy, Teraflex or any of the other cheaper joints? Aside from price, I didn't find much.
Yeah, I asked that same question quite a while back, and found the same answer. Everyone suggests synergy, but no one could point to any actual differences in materials or quality between them and Alloy and Teraflex. Synergy will be my choice simply because the rest of my front end is theirs.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not quite. I have searched a few times. Not much comparison of the cheaper joints. Thank you though.

Do you know how Synergy are different from Alloy, Teraflex or any of the other cheaper joints? Aside from price, I didn't find much.
Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yeah, I asked that same question quite a while back, and found the same answer. Everyone suggests synergy, but no one could point to any actual differences in materials or quality between them and Alloy and Teraflex. Synergy will be my choice simply because the rest of my front end is theirs.
I don't have the thread bookmarked but it was a difference in the actual hardness of the metal used for the shanks. Synergy had the original design that alloy borrowed (according to the timeline and interwebs). No info on the TF.

The thread may even be over on JKO, JKRed brought up the material differences in the two products.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls
I don't have the thread bookmarked but it was a difference in the actual hardness of the metal used for the shanks. Synergy had the original design that alloy borrowed (according to the timeline and interwebs). No info on the TF.

The thread may even be over on JKO, JKRed brought up the material differences in the two products.
i believe you are correct on jko there is a good write up on the difference between at least alloy and synergy if i recall
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well here is my testimonial on the Dynatrac’s. I have a Stock Dana 30 with 33’s. I ran them for about 42K miles daily with about 100 miles off road for 20 Months. They needed rebuilding at 10K longer then stock but I don’t think that’s enough. I took them to the reputable Jeep shop that has sold about 40-45 sets of these. It was the first set to need replacing so it was R&D time for them. 16 hours at least one specialty tool made they were able the rebuild them. They could have sold me new ones and changed them out faster and cheaper then rebuilding them. Needless to say they are not happy and will be complaining to Dynatrac that these ball joints are not as advertised as it takes at least 2 hours for the glue to dry on each ball not including all the rest of the stuff.

As advertised on their website:
“The Dynatrac ProSteer Ball Joints provide higher strength, longer life and once installed can be rebuilt without special tools. This improves servicing the ball joints more easily in the field or at home. Rebuilding the ProSteer Ball Joint at home or at your local shop will cost less than having new OEM ball joints installed at an alignment shop or the dealer.”

Sorry but BS

All that being said when worn out they were still better then stock as the stock ones vibrated at any speed these just vibrated at 65+.

PS they only charged me regular ball joint rate not the 16 hours because they knew it was going to be R&D time.

Quick Reply: Which Ball Joints?