Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Battery Issue?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Battery Issue?

I am not sure what is the issue here but hope someone can help.

At random my Jeep will not start (2012). No power at all. I get out wiggle the negative batt terminal and magic power and starts up. The terninals are completly secure to the battery. Its under warranty but I would like to avoid that hassle if possible

Thoughts? I have a winch and ARB compressor installed to the battery as well.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if my problem is caused by what you're experiencing but I've been having a problem with losing all my electronics.

When I have my cruise control on, for a split second my cruise shuts off, my speedo goes to zero then back up, radio shuts off then back on, and my traction control light comes on. My cruise will either not shut off or turn on, and my traction control light stays on. Most of the time, when I shut the engine off, then start back up everything seems to work fine. One day, the trac light stayed on even when I shut the engine off. When I came back later to start it, it wouldn't start. I had to jump start it.

I have no clue what's causing it. I thought it was the bullydog unit, so I unplugged it on my last trip to Columbus, but I had the same problem. I have a bunch of LED's running to the battery, and my headlights, fogs and light bar are all hooked up to the battery too.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

I had all these problems. 2012 also with 25K miles. The dealer replaced the TIPM and WCM but it still had the electrical gremlins. One day it wouldn't even turn over. They replaced battery and all has been fine for the past month.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I added a ground cable from the neg terminal on the battery to a bolt on the alternator. This worked when my jeep wouldn't start up
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its possible that you have a cracked post inside the battery. makes a connection when you wiggle it.

Quick Reply: Battery Issue?