Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bedliner

Old 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner

I'm wanting to bedline the interior of my Jeep but I was wondering what's the best kind to use? I've seen herculiner, raptor, and others but I want others' opinions. I would like to save money and do it myself but I don't have a spray gun so does anyone know of places that do it for you? I live in the OKC area.

Trying to keep this project under $300

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going with monstaliner. $145 for the 1 gallon kit which can do a jeep interior.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I'm going with monstaliner. $145 for the 1 gallon kit which can do a jeep interior.
Thats exactly what im using when I redo my inner and finally bedline the outter... My buddy ran it on his xj and it always impressed me.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bedliner

I just did mine with Raptor liner. I would recommend two kits for a JKU. I got the kit for $114 on amazon with a gun. It went down easy at 70 psi, and I am very happy with it.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with Monstaliner. It's been on for over a year with no fading, cracking, chipping, etc. It rolls on smoother than most other products.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Thats exactly what im using when I redo my inner and finally bedline the outter... My buddy ran it on his xj and it always impressed me.
The reviews I read said it was a lot smoother so it wasn't harsh on your feet or other stuff. Heard the others like linex and raptor were rough. That's a big part of my decision.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

I am going to pay to have mine re-done with Rhino Liner. I used the roll on herculiner and am very displeased. I added coat after coat and it's still not very thick. I have no experience with DIY spray on liners but my father got his done professionally. Looks great, at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, and the it made it much quieter with the doors/top on.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
The reviews I read said it was a lot smoother so it wasn't harsh on your feet or other stuff. Heard the others like linex and raptor were rough. That's a big part of my decision.
yup its much smoother more rubberized. I tried rustoleums bed liner and wasnt to impressed, but the monstaliner even held up ok when he rolled and totaled his cherokee.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Not sure what prices are like where you live but here in NC the cheapest I've seen for someone to spray the entire interior was $600. That's with you doing all the removal of seats, carpets, and sanding. $300 is prob what you would spend just on bedliner
Old 06-26-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

More expensive in FL. I had mine done today with Line-x. It was 1000 if they strip the interior or 750 if I stripped. Of course I stripped. But I think they are not as careful about taping threads when they know they aren't putting it back together. I have started re-assembly (2 hours into it) and I'm using a razor knife to remove product from bolt threads to get it back together. The coating is about 1/8" thick, and well, except for re-assembly, I love it. Seems very tough and it has a lifetime nationwide warrantee. I think I'm good. Should finish up assembly tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Bedliner