Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best lift with 35's

Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess one question that I havent seen asked yet is...

What kind of wheeling will you be doing?

I have seen folks run budget boosts with 35's and have no issues making it through trails of medium to difficult ratings. Honestly if you are just looking to beef it up for weekend get aways and minor wheeling a Teraflex BB would work great. Or get flexy sexy and snatch up a Teraflex 3 inch full flex arm kit...
Old 02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

If I go with the TF 3" coil lift and 35" km2's can I still wheel with the front disconnected? Will I need some new cottol arms or adj trackbars? I already have the 2.5 tf coil lift so I am trying to figure out which peices I will need to upgrade
Old 02-27-2009, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NCWTS66
I'm goin to look at an 09 rubicon Unlimited automatic tomorrow. I was wondering what the best suspension lift would be to have 35's with. And what else I would have to do to it (driveshaft,gear,etc) I'm not lookn for a long arm because it will mostly be drivn in the city and a weekend cruiser. Also what offset rims and rim size would you reccomend. Any other info would be awesome and some pics of yours would be great. Thanks
Hey i would get a manual tranny if you plan to lift higher than 2.5 inches!

I've got the rubicon express 3.5inch kit with adjustable control arms and its a seriously awesome kit.

I've got 35's and have re-geared to 4.88's. I have 15 inch rims with huge backspacing AND spacers! We do a lot of desert driving here in Dubai so the 15 inch with 35's gives me tons of tire surface area and balloon effect and the spacers give me the stability I need for side-sloping.

If you did the same but maybe on 16 or 17 inch rims I can gaurentee you would not be disapointed and you'd be able to go practically anywhere!

My rear driveshaft coupling is almost dead (says the shop) - it makes a clanging noise when cold. Thats after 14000 kms so i'd say that you'd need to upgrade them eventually. Also stock gears aren't totally useable on 35's but you'd get by for a while if you had to. Its mainly a problem with highway driving when in top gear going up an incline.

Hope this helps you decide which way to go. Cheers.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Smile JuSt BoUGhT IT

Yes Im the new owner of an 09 Rubicon 4dr. Its black with the gray interior, automatic.. I thank u all for all your responses. Now so many catalogs to go through and order add ons were do I start... lol lol lollol
Old 02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MiccaDubai
Hey i would get a manual tranny if you plan to lift higher than 2.5 inches!
please explain
Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by w.wood jeepster
Here's my two cents.

4 inches of lift--very easy, do it yourself. You can start wtih a basic lift and front lower control arms and add as your budget allows. It will also allow you to move to 37's should you choose to in the future.

New drive shafts--I went 1350's but if I was doing it again, i would just go oe flange.

Wheels with about 4.5 back spacing--17 inch rims--dont go 16's, I think tires selection is better wtih 17's--go bfg km2's, they are awesome, I'm slowly replcing my procomps, one at a time.

5.13's with an auto and a programer to get everything correct, with a 30 percent overdrive on the autos you need all the gearing you can get.
but with 17 in rims when you air down you get hardly any sidewall sag..that's what I hate about my stock 32's..good tire but no sag...too stiff...not good..I'd go at least 16's and 35's
Old 02-28-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

right now im running 33" mtz with a 2inch bds lift i love it but when these ware im going 4" with 35" that has the best look and i will go bds again
Old 08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
please explain
Sorry, haven't been on here for a long while.

I know first hand of 3 Auto JK's who have done their trannies due to installing a lift higher than 2 inches. 1 of which had 2 new transmissions before the car reached 10K kms. The other at 17K kms (5K after kit installed) and the other at around 12K kms (lift kit installed when car was new). Am told by the shop that many others have packed in as well with higher lifts installed.

This is however with heavy desert driving. This is the basis for my concern with bigish lifts in auto JK's.

Quick Reply: best lift with 35's