Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Lift the money?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooster ohio

Hey JKSahara2010 I live in Ashland about 20 min from Wooster... you know of any decent trails around the area?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Hey red baron I don't know how far you want to travel but Yankee Lake has a truck night on Fridays. It is in Brookfield, Oh.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by andreajk
Hey red baron I don't know how far you want to travel but Yankee Lake has a truck night on Fridays. It is in Brookfield, Oh.
thats rednecks hitting mud pits and going on a rockcrawl, not really a trail
Old 04-28-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by The Red Baron
Hey JKSahara2010 I live in Ashland about 20 min from Wooster... you know of any decent trails around the area?
you need to go to wellville, Ohio or check out beaverun raceway in PA
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Red baron I have found several privately owned places in corshocton county. They are great places to wheel and the owners are friends of my family they are cool with people wheeling there. I also go to some trails behind Troutman Trick Truck. Its a small offroad shop north of Shreve. All you have to do is stop by his shop and ask for permission to go on his trails. Hit me up on a pm if your looking to go sometime. I can get my club together and we can hit some of the trails.

Thank you everyone for the good advise im thinking that I am going to be going with rusty's offroad it seems to be about the best deal. I had a Taraflex lift on my 98 wrangler and it was nice but a bit expensive.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

I stayed with a low center of gravity. I put on the xenon flat flares, 1" spacers up front, and 3/4" spacers out back. About $600! It allows for 35" tires. That way all my steering and everything is basically still stock. I also put on wheel spacers to get a more stable ride.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PGCI
I stayed with a low center of gravity. I put on the xenon flat flares, 1" spacers up front, and 3/4" spacers out back. About $600! It allows for 35" tires. That way all my steering and everything is basically still stock. I also put on wheel spacers to get a more stable ride.
Got any pics of that set up? I was thinking of something along those lines myself.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MuddyJKMan
Like lots of others have said, OME or TF smaller lifts perform well and don't require other modifications (I.E. new shafts and arms)
The Old Man Emu lift is great. Around $700, little more than you wanted tp spend, but most people net about 3-3.5" total lift (with the 2.5") and can run 35's no problems.

The ride is much improved over stock as well once the coils settle in.

Quick Reply: Best Lift the money?