Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best Permanent Mirror Relocation Kit w/o rendering your passenger mirror useless!

Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best Permanent Mirror Relocation Kit w/o rendering your passenger mirror useless!

I tried several different relocation brackets on my TJ, tried making modifications to those brackets, anything to actually have a usable passenger side mirror, ideally one that I could leave the mirrors on the window frame mounts so I didn't have to move them back and forth every time I took the doors off, but I was never successful in doing so.

When I got my new JK I thought, "ok, here we go again...doors off means moving mirrors every time and a useless passenger mirror!" BUT...I found these from Quadratec: https://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_0220_07.htm. Yes, they're expensive as hell, but THEY ARE AWESOME if you're willing to spend the $$. And if you take your doors off regularly, you're probably ready to spend the money by now. They work perfectly, providing the exact same visibility as the stock mirrors on both sides with the doors on or off. There is even a bonus (in my opinion, though my wife finds it to be annoying) and that is when you have the doors on, the spring on the mirror return pushes against the door and 1) keeps a strong wind from snatching it out of your hand when opening the door, and 2) partially closes the door for you when you get in or out.

PS. IF YOU HAVE LIGHT BAR BRACKETS FOR A 50" LIGHT BAR, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ROOM TO MOUNT THESE MIRRORS! I have the Lifetime brackets: https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/le...k_2007_present which extend all the way down and utilize the same factory bolts as these mirror relocation mounts so I simply ordered longer factory bolts from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, but many light bar brackets only use the two upper factory bolts on the windshield frame which may put them in the way of the mounts for this mirror relocation kit.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a clean, easy, permanent mirror relocation solution for their JK.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:47 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

It's a great idea for sure, and it looks like a nice execution. The price is definitely the stumbling block for most. I just use quick connecting trail mirrors when my doors come off. I leave the bracket attached to my a-pillar full time, so just a simple screw in. It kinda stinks....like you said....to do it every time the doors come off, but not $250 bad for this budget strapped gent. I do like them though.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:20 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very clever, but doesn't support electric mirrors, right?
Old 05-17-2017, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
It's a great idea for sure, and it looks like a nice execution. The price is definitely the stumbling block for most. I just use quick connecting trail mirrors when my doors come off. I leave the bracket attached to my a-pillar full time, so just a simple screw in. It kinda stinks....like you said....to do it every time the doors come off, but not $250 bad for this budget strapped gent. I do like them though.
Yes, I do the same on my TJ, but I was building a new JK and didn't want to have to mess with moving mirrors...and compared to all the other mods I made on the JK build the cost of these mirrors was insignificant, sadly.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blw
Very clever, but doesn't support electric mirrors, right?
That is correct, but so far it's been worth the trade off without question.

Quick Reply: The Best Permanent Mirror Relocation Kit w/o rendering your passenger mirror useless!