Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Rear Bumper

Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeperman
The weight on the Jeeperman bumper/tire carrier is about 85 pounds. But then you any accessories and a wheel and tire and you're over 100 pounds easily. We haven't noticed much of an issue with the back end sagging though. Probably about as much as you'd notice a person sitting in the back seat.

Thanks. That's not as bad as I thought.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
goldja

Originally Posted by Jeeperman
The weight on the Jeeperman bumper/tire carrier is about 85 pounds. But then you any accessories and a wheel and tire and you're over 100 pounds easily. We haven't noticed much of an issue with the back end sagging though. Probably about as much as you'd notice a person sitting in the back seat.
That is a lot less than I had estimated.
How much would a full width, winch capable, front bumper weigh?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunemobbin
I'm looking for a similar bumper and the only one I've seen that utilizes the stock receiver is the Purejeep one. I'd like to see more options though.
I have the Warn Rockcrawler and it allows you to use the stock hitch set up.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
Anybody know the weights of any of these bumpers? They look pretty beefy and bulky. Just curious.

I kid you not...the Warn set up is AT LEAST 300 lbs! with the carrier I am betting far more.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
goldja

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
I kid you not...the Warn set up is AT LEAST 300 lbs! with the carrier I am betting far more.
I have not actually seen the Warn rear bumper, but 300lbs. It must be built like a tank
How did you come up with that figure?
I do not think that UPS would even ship something weighing that much.
That would be a marketing nightmare for Warn
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes the place you buy them from will give you the shipping weight of the item when they are calculating the shipping cost so you might be able to figure out the weight of various items that way.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

100 lbs for bumper/tire carrier sounds too light. 300 lbs sounds way too heavy. My bet these things would be more like 150 and would ship seperately, thus allow UPS or Fed ex to ship them. I base my info on my Shrockworks stubby front bumper with skid plate and winch plate being around 80lbs.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

300 pounds wow I am strong. I weigh 115 pounds and I put the Warn Rear Bumper on. It is heavy and it was shipped freight but I think it is closer to 90 pounds without the tire mount. Add the brackets and it is probably 100 pounds total.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

If that thing is indeed 300lbs, that would certainly change the way your Jeep handles in a very bad way. Just looking at it to me "no tire included" it looks to weigh about 100lbs.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Well i installed the WARN Front & Rear with tire carrier and the rear is heavy and i am running stock susp at the moment and the rear is heavy. Put it this way it has droppped my JK at least 1inch at the moment plus when i accelerate it dips from the rear. I could say its like having a person in back with you all the time

Quick Reply: Best Rear Bumper