Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best riding 3" lift?

Old 12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best riding 3" lift?

Im looking to purchase a lift to run 35's. I love the ride of the stock JK. I'm looking at the Full Traction premium lift with the monotube shocks. I do not want to compromise in the ride. I also want a top quality lift for years of service. Anyone run this or have some known comparisons? Which lift is best. I do not want a BB as I think the 35's looked to big for that small of lift. It is mainly a daily driver.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Black Diamond 3" Lift with Xtreme Terrain Lower Control Arms and Rear Track Bar. Also have Rancho adjustable 9000XL shocks. Been playing with the ride - from full-on Cadillac (yuck) to rock-hard no-springs (also yuck). But the middle range is sweet. Most suspensions are determined by the shock action anyway, so having an adjustable setup allows fine-tuning. VERY satisfied - great articulation.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Puddlz
I run the FULL TRACTION 3" ULTIMATE lift, I've had others with stock rides come along to only notice how nice the ride was, no complaints here.

Thanks, What hit in milage did you get with the lift and tires? Dont plan to be a serious offroader so I might go 4.88 as I want to keep the best mileage. Been happy with stock performance so far. Guess I'm getting old!

Last edited by Sotally Tober; 12-21-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the 3" Full Traction Ultimate also and love the way it rides. I'm in a 2DR auto with 5.13 gears, so my mileage won't matter to you.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by OffTopic
I have the 3" Full Traction Ultimate also and love the way it rides. I'm in a 2DR auto with 5.13 gears, so my mileage won't matter to you.

x2 ........
Old 12-21-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default BD Rules

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
I have the Black Diamond 3" Lift with Xtreme Terrain Lower Control Arms and Rear Track Bar. Also have Rancho adjustable 9000XL shocks. Been playing with the ride - from full-on Cadillac (yuck) to rock-hard no-springs (also yuck). But the middle range is sweet. Most suspensions are determined by the shock action anyway, so having an adjustable setup allows fine-tuning. VERY satisfied - great articulation.
I have the BD as well, I love it, perfectly level, with the Superlift Adjustable Arms. I have the Bilstein (Superlift SS Shocks) and the ride is great. I haven't re-geared yet, thinking 4.88 as well since I have a manual. In my experience (TJ as well) once you hit 35 and up your gas mileage is just screwed. My motto is is give JK what JK wants and that is gas, we get along better that way.

In short I say Black Diamond x2.

Quick Reply: Best riding 3" lift?