Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best track bar set up front and rear?

Old 07-09-2017, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best track bar set up front and rear?

I have a '15 Rubicon with 2" OME HD springs and shocks. My axles are pulled slightly to the side. I want to remedy this with an adjustable front track bar and a synergy rear track bar bracket. I was looking at the JKS adj. front, but i saw that if you didn't run bump extensions/pucks that it will contact the pumpkin. Does anyone have experience or recommendations for any of this? Thank you
Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ClanCannabis
I have a '15 Rubicon with 2" OME HD springs and shocks. My axles are pulled slightly to the side. I want to remedy this with an adjustable front track bar and a synergy rear track bar bracket. I was looking at the JKS adj. front, but i saw that if you didn't run bump extensions/pucks that it will contact the pumpkin. Does anyone have experience or recommendations for any of this? Thank you
I've literally never heard this, nor have I experienced it. I used to run Rock Krawler track bars front and rear with no bumpstops, and the weld-on synergy bracket on the rear. Ditched the front, in favor of the JKS track bar after I blew the joints on the Rock Krawler one out in 4-5 wheeling trips. My buddy also blew his out in a year. Mind you, they were greased properly. Therefore I cannot recommend them. I still run the rear since I won't experience death wobble in the event that those joints also shit the bed.

We both run the JKS front now. It also has a bend in it for the pumpkin; a much more exaggerated bend than the Rock Krawler one I had on before.

You're good to go man. I'd recommend the Teraflex or JKS trackbars, since they use traditional clevite bushings and require much less maintenance than other options. You're paying a fatter price tag, but you don't have to worry about greasing them, and you DEFINITELY don't want to experience death-wobble 89 miles from home like I did. I couldn't go over 20 mph, so I decided to pay the $200 tow bill home (a bargain). Not worth putting a $30k+ rig, my life, or the lives of others at risk for the sake of saving a few bucks like a cheap, negligent bastard.

Last edited by BoraBora; 07-09-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
I've literally never heard this, nor have I experienced it. I used to run Rock Krawler track bars front and rear with no bumpstops, and the weld-on synergy bracket on the rear. Ditched the front, in favor of the JKS track bar after I blew the joints on the Rock Krawler one out in 4-5 wheeling trips. My buddy also blew his out in a year. Mind you, they were greased properly. Therefore I cannot recommend them. I still run the rear since I won't experience death wobble in the event that those joints also shit the bed.

We both run the JKS front now. It also has a bend in it for the pumpkin; a much more exaggerated bend than the Rock Krawler one I had on before.

You're good to go man. I'd recommend the Teraflex or JKS trackbars, since they use traditional clevite bushings and require much less maintenance than other options. You're paying a fatter price tag, but you don't have to worry about greasing them, and you DEFINITELY don't want to experience death-wobble 89 miles from home like I did. I couldn't go over 20 mph, so I decided to pay the $200 tow bill home (a bargain). Not worth putting a $30k+ rig, my life, or the lives of others at risk for the sake of saving a few bucks like a cheap, negligent bastard.
I second BoraBora... haven't seen that issue with your setup.

I run the Teraflex track bars. They are tough and have an adjuster sleeve for fine-tuning the centering of the axles.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the TeraFlex monster bar on for a couple years now with no issues. Good solid product, well worth the price.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put a 2nd hand set of JKS track bars front and rear on my Jeep about 2 years ago. They are one of the few parts of my suspension I have full confidence in. They are beefy and have held up very well with winter roads and lots of wheeling (they still look just like when I put them in).

I also admittedly did not install them as I got my wheels aligned at the same time at a 4x4 shop. The adjustment on the JKS bars must be done with them disconnected.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Thanks for all the suggestions for our trackbars! You can find more info here on the front verse: https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528f...d962f416e72e18

There are several TeraFlex dealers here on the forum that can work out a deal for you on what you need.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:49 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by ClanCannabis
I'm one of the people that's managed to have the JKS front adjustable hit the diff cover using stock bump-stops. The contact happens with significant bump-stop compression, like going somewhat fast through a washout on a dirt road. It's a great bar, but it's apparently designed for less up-travel than stock (by adding bump-stop extensions). I used it for at least a couple years before confirming the issue by painting the place where it rubbed -- The noise was hardly noticeable.

Using the Teraflex now, it has plenty of clearance. I did modify the clamp slightly, see pics here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...2/#post4216193

Last edited by Mr.T; 07-10-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My buddy has the Teraflex monster front and it's super heavy duty. I personally am In the process of updating my lift, and I went with a metalcloak front track bar. It's solid chromoly, high clearance to clear the pumpkin, and designed for extreme articulation. I paired that with a Terflex rear track bar bracket. However, if I could go back in time, I'd likely have gotten the metalcloak rear track bar and bracket combo just because it's also chromoly, high clearance, and matches the other stuff which feeds my OCD. Not to take away from the teraflex bracket though. It's probably the best bolt on correction bracket on the market. I've seen it, AEV, and a few others in action.. their bracket is really well built.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have used the JKS front and rear track bars for about 2 years now. With my Dana 30 front I did some off roading with no issues/contact that I've seen. Switched to an aftermarket Dana 44 and cycled the front (and rear) during installation and had no contact. Haven't been off roading with the new set up yet, that happens in a couple weeks.

These are the only track bars I've had besides stock so I won't compare them to other aftermarket brands. So far they have worked perfectly and thus I'm happy with them.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a Teraflex front trackbar for sale...$120 shipped. Great condition, no issues.

Quick Reply: Best track bar set up front and rear?