Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Full Soft Doors

Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Full Soft Doors

Have any of you guys (and gals) had good luck with the new bestop soft doors? I'd like to get a pair for the convienence factor and was wonder how well they hold up as far as leaking and temp (don't really care about the noise sometimes that's a plus).
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Bought mine used (ahrd to tell!) off a member here. Personally I love them simply fo rthe convenience. I have my hard top and hard doors sitting in the shed, til the weather turns. Yes I get water on the floor, but it beats having water all over the seats and carpet! Plus, they're so easy to toss in the back, when it's nice out! In my opinion, they're worth it! As for opening and closing, I merely open from the outside, and that makes it easier then that damn finger latch inside!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Question

Anyone have prices and pictures of these doors on your JK 4 door?? thanks..
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

"Ya" let's see some pics . Windows up, windows down Or how it looks w/ just the lower halves on . Thanx
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes.

Pics please.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Steve&2jc's
They're just ok. I had to call bestop to get the little collar adjusters so upper doors would stay where they were supposed to and I still get water in sometimes when it rains. The latches on mine suck. They're very difficult to open from inside. Bestop suggested I spray some silacone lube on them but it didn't really help. They also suggested that if I wanted to get replacement latches to contact the vendor where I purchased them, they would not send them to me.
Even with these issues I'm still glad I got them because now my hard doors stay off and it's easy to go doorless or just half doors.
I have exactly the same issues. In fact one latch was not working from day one and I am waiting on a replacement. Also the driver side upper does not seem to close correctly and flaps in and out badly while driving. I have been playing with the adjustment, but have not fixed it yet. I think I may need to bend the upper inward on a vise so it stays in while driving.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 AM
JK Junkie

Not a 4 dr but still a pic of the doors installed.....and I love them!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes they flap. If you are in the freeway and there is a side wind, the opposite side upper will pull away from the jeep and flap. Nothing you can do about it. Cracking the window to relieve some pressure seems to help.I am considering adding a snap to the top of the widow and connecting it to the roll bar. So when I am on a longer drive on the freeway i can snap it in and not worry about it annoying me.

Another note is in wind the sound of the skin beating against the door support rods is annoying - very annoying, like within 2 miles of freeway driving I am screaming F*#K that! So, a quick trip by my hardware store and I picked up some 3/8" foam insulation with sticky on one side. I stuck the foam to the rods in many strategic location and tada! No more noise!

That is the reality of these doors and the annoyances of them. But, do not get me wrong, I love them! They are great. THe new ones now seem to come with the collars, mine did. Fit and finish is great. If you spend a little time getting them in just right, you will be very happy like most of us are that have them.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PeeJ_Zip
Yes they flap. If you are in the freeway and there is a side wind, the opposite side upper will pull away from the jeep and flap. Nothing you can do about it. Cracking the window to relieve some pressure seems to help.I am considering adding a snap to the top of the widow and connecting it to the roll bar. So when I am on a longer drive on the freeway i can snap it in and not worry about it annoying me.

Another note is in wind the sound of the skin beating against the door support rods is annoying - very annoying, like within 2 miles of freeway driving I am screaming F*#K that! So, a quick trip by my hardware store and I picked up some 3/8" foam insulation with sticky on one side. I stuck the foam to the rods in many strategic location and tada! No more noise!

That is the reality of these doors and the annoyances of them. But, do not get me wrong, I love them! They are great. THe new ones now seem to come with the collars, mine did. Fit and finish is great. If you spend a little time getting them in just right, you will be very happy like most of us are that have them.
As for the window pulling away at highway speeds, I found that if you adjust the front of the window as high as it will go and still fit in the frame, the pulling stops. YMMV but it worked for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one of the 1st few sets of these doors and they were complete trash. Rods were welded 1/4" from where it should been and the bottoms didn't seal properly etc... My doors on my 74 are perfect. No pulling away and seal properly. If they can do it on a 74 I see no reason why these doors should be anything but perfect on the JK's. I returned mine. For the 400+ dollars I paid I expected them to seal better. I can deal with the wind but when driving in rain and the top pulls away you get wet. I'm waiting for bestop to fix the issues. I've read a lot of people with the same issues.

Quick Reply: Bestop Full Soft Doors