Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Full Soft Doors

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Not a 4 dr but still a pic of the doors installed.....and I love them!

I love those! they look awesome.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
urbikesucks

Talking Did they fix the fit issue???

I would love to have theese and hang up the full doors.
I have read a few post that people were having fit/ qualty issues, has this been resolved? When I get back from Iraq I am def getting, I just hope I get a pair that fit. Mine are lop sided (HUMOR)! This site has helped me stay sane in an insane country,

Thanks.

Last edited by urbikesucks; 09-04-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

I tried installing mine today. They aren't even close to fitting correctly.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

there is adjustment in the top pieces and the bottom hinges. Also, if you've ever half doors it's easy to bend the tubing to get it to fit where you need it. Just take some time to play with the fitment, well worth it. My hard doors are hanging in the shed next to the hardtop. Softop has been down for over a month now. Use the trail cover all teh time just to keep it dry on the off days it might rain. Plan to keep them that way til November, then button up everything for the winter.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
there is adjustment in the top pieces and the bottom hinges. Also, if you've ever half doors it's easy to bend the tubing to get it to fit where you need it. Just take some time to play with the fitment, well worth it. My hard doors are hanging in the shed next to the hardtop. Softop has been down for over a month now. Use the trail cover all teh time just to keep it dry on the off days it might rain. Plan to keep them that way til November, then button up everything for the winter.
That is exactly what I have said. You need to play with them a bit, but if you take the time it is well worth it.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

The problem I'm having is the front bottom of the doors ( along the curved part) have a least a half inch of daylight between the door frame and the door seal. I'm not seeing a good way to adjust that out. It looks like the top pin is welded about a half inch too low.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

This winter I am going to weld some sheet metal (an outer skin) to the half doors. I think this may also help keep the uppers more firmly in place and help reduce the flapping on long trips. I will probably paint them with the mopar paint to match the rest of my jeep.

Quick Reply: Bestop Full Soft Doors