Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop header question....

Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop header question....

Just got it and want to put it on, big difference from the TJ header, I have parts left over......There are 2 bags inside the bags with the clips labeled "Flat cushion spindle kits" the directions do not say anything about them. Can anyone tell me or show me how these go on? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed mine on Sunday and had the same parts in the bags. I couldnt figure out how or where they went so I didnt use them. The header worked just fine without... I have a 4door with only the hard top, the fit of this top between the front and back doors is horrible. Almost to the point where I cant use it, the wind blows it up so bad that it is annoying. Not very happy with it
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Junkie

I have the door surrounds so hopefully mine won't flap much.

As for the extra parts, it seems strange that they were inside the bag with the clips, if they were just loose I might think they don't belong but I gotta wonder.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

I have the bikini top as well. I'm think they(BESTTOP) should have made 2 versions one hardtop one softtop. I took mine off after one day of use and wind torture. ........can u buy just the door surrounds?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Junkie

yep.......jeepsareus.com......$185 a pair
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Answers

ok. here we go. Yes there are extra parts when you install the header. There should be the "lil bumper on a stick" things left over. I originally got my JK with the hard top and no soft top, so I have no door surrounds. I asked the dealarship how much they were and they said something ridiculous like $140 bucks per side. Could someone take a pic of their door surrounds and post it on here. I put the wind gaurds on my door and I want to know if they will get in the way of the door surrounds. Until I get the door surrounds I made my own quick fix for most of the issue with the gap. I will post pics at the bottom. its just uses PVC and PVC insulation and velcro straps. Also, What does everyone do with the straps coming off the back of the bikini top with the wraparound windjammer. With the other windjammer it would just wrap around under the sound bar and clip in where the hard top screws would go. now thats all sealed up and the straps are too short to do anything else with. I guess you could cut holes, but I dont wanna put holes in something I just sealed up. Any ideas anyone?

Quick Reply: Bestop header question....