Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gorilla Winches

Old 03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gorilla Winches

Anybody seen/heard of/can comment on the following winch?

http://gorillawinches.com/gorilla-winches-10000lb-vehicle-recovery-series.htm

tia

*** New search returned what I was looking for - 1st search of forum did not return anything - oops!

Last edited by Robar; 03-12-2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Please dont post direct non sponsor links.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have one and I'm not happy with the controls at all. The wireless control and the wired have given me nothing but problems. I don't care for there round plug in, mine will go past the stop and keep turning which causes the control no to work properly. I got so feed up with the wireless I removed it.
Looks like I'm going to have to make my own plug in control.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

i ahve it...and have had no bad issues with it

has worked wonderful the 3 times i have used it.....

the wireless remote didnt work the first time i tried it, so since have just used the wired one, and it works just fine for me..... wireless is prety pointless if youre inside truck anyways

but yah for price its a nice buy imo
Old 03-12-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Talking

Originally Posted by cormac827
i ahve it...and have had no bad issues with it

has worked wonderful the 3 times i have used it.....

the wireless remote didnt work the first time i tried it, so since have just used the wired one, and it works just fine for me..... wireless is prety pointless if youre inside truck anyways

but yah for price its a nice buy imo
Thanks for the replies - too many decisions - I'm down to either a LoD bumper or the new rugged ridge and then what winch - what to do - what to do
Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just got an 8000# from them - and found out they are in my building where I work! Really nice folks. They are car/offroad people and average Joe's. My wireless and corded remotes both work great and my round plug in doesn't turn or have any stops to go past...
Old 06-11-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NewJKInNC
Thanks for the replies - too many decisions - I'm down to either a LoD bumper or the new rugged ridge and then what winch - what to do - what to do
Not to hi-jack but wansted to comment on the bumper choice. I was stuck between the two also. I got the rugged ridge and saved the $280 for a winch. Just my .02, I am sure the LoD is a great bumper but I have a mortgage to pay and need as much money as possible.

Back on topic I have also been looking at the same winch. Still curious on how it's "WaterProof"
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

For almost the same money I went with the Smittybilt XRC8 which you can find for $300 anywhere you look. I used it this past Monday 4 times pulling out of Pine Barrens swamp and no problems at all. Ran like a champ and no problems with controls etc. Great for the money.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, winchdepot. says $329.95 + $9.99 shipping

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-17-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: removed quoted text

Quick Reply: Gorilla Winches