Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bestop NX trektop tailgate bar issues

Old 05-27-2016, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop NX trektop tailgate bar issues

Bought an NX trektop from a forum member for our 16jku and clearly didnt check it out well enough upon pickup. He said no rips or tears... sure, nothing noticeable at first glance until you go to install.
Turns out when I go to install the bar that slides into the rear window and locks into place against the tailgate has a tear in both side of the rubber on the bar preventing it from sitting nice and snug in the channels. Because it doesn't fit snug it won't create enough tension on the rear window and things just don't line up too cleanly.
Has anyone else had this issue??
Old 05-27-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the torn section part of the rear window?
Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post a picture of the issue?
Old 05-27-2016, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks you were misguided but you can order these parts individually through Best Top. I bought used and was told all parts there but it was missing those brackets that connect to bar. They were not bad priced. Shipped really quick too.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bfdfreddie
That sucks you were misguided but you can order these parts individually through Best Top. I bought used and was told all parts there but it was missing those brackets that connect to bar. They were not bad priced. Shipped really quick too.
Same exact thing happened to me. Bought the top from someone that sold their jeep and he forgot to remove those brackets.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

The bar itself is torn... the bar that slides into the rear window - same setup as stock soft top. The bar won't fit into the channels on either side.
I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.
It's just annoying as shit, especially since he won't respond to me when I requested the warranty info so I could try and get a replacement piece.

Quick Reply: Bestop NX trektop tailgate bar issues