Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG AT/KO's

Old 10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG AT/KO's

Why is it that the bfg at/ko's aren't a favored option like the duratracs and others?

Granted I've been out of the off road loop for a few years but a few years back that was the go to thing. Great road manner, low road noise, good winter traction and fairly good off road traction wit hthe ability to air down quite a bit. But I dont see them mentioned.

Why is this?
Old 10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

I have heard some say that their non-aggressive sidewalls are a turn off. I wheel with a guy who has them and they work well in everything except mud. I jumped at the chance to get some, especially for winter running.

They look ok but I definitly prefer the sidewalls of the km2's or even the old MT-R's.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran them on my 04 TJ, great road tire and good enough to do "SOME" offroading. I am putting 35's on my JK since it will be my daily driver.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Their winter performance is second to none for sure, and I also agree with your statement about the mud. I was considering them to replace the wrangler sr-a's but the lack of talk made me start to rethink them. The jeep is mostly used for my wife to drive to work. But we will be doing trail rides and mild rock crawling with them untill the jeep is out of warranty at which point a lift will go on.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Work horses

I would not hesitate to buy another set of these tires. I ran them on my old Chevy 4x4 and got like 80,000km out of them. Second to none in the winter (except studded I suppose).
Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

I just need the big money to have a set of street and a set of off road tires and wheels.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cunnart
I just need the big money to have a set of street and a set of off road tires and wheels.
That's what makes the BFG AT KO's so good. They are dang good on the road and good enough off-road. If your rig is a DD like mine, they will be perfect, IMHO.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

I like my set. I bought then knowing the pros and cons but as a DD, I need a tire that will last as well as have great street manners and offroad capabilities, so BFG AT's were perfect.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Quick question on tire and rim upgrade. Is there anything with the ABS or can I just install them?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Howie
Quick question on tire and rim upgrade. Is there anything with the ABS or can I just install them?
If your new tires are significantly (I dunno...10% taller) you should consider that your electronically enhanced chassis systems will not work properly unless you reprogram your ECM with a solution like an AEV ProCal or a Superchips.

That's in a perfect world, of course. If you choose to not do that, you're on your own. For the little bit of money an AEV box is, it was worth it to me.

Last edited by tslewisz; 10-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: BFG AT/KO's