Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Black Diamond and Nitto Mud Grapplers

Old 12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Black Diamond and Nitto Mud Grapplers

I am having 3" black Diamond lift and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers being installed Wed. Does any one have either of these? Any cons I need to be aware of? First Jeep hence First Lift and First over size tires on anything I have driven.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing this means you will be going to Rausch creek on the 5th with us......right?

Who's putting the lift on for you? Adams Jeep is right in your backyard and they do allot of lifts.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I'm guessing this means you will be going to Rausch creek on the 5th with us......right?

Who's putting the lift on for you? Adams Jeep is right in your backyard and they do allot of lifts.
Yea. Adam's is installing it.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
JK Junkie

Good choice. I don't know what your experience is with them, but they told me that with them doing the work they will cover warranty issues.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default BD Lift

I have the lift. The only thing I would say is be ready for a new rear drive line. Mine went out and from what I gather it isn't "if" it's "when". I had it for about 3000 miles. You'll see when you get it, it's all but at its max angle. I measured 4 1/8" lift out of it. That isn't the fault of the lift.

I love it, though. Couldn't be happier with it. Oh, throw away the Cam Bolts when you get a chance and slap on some adjustable control arms.

Last edited by RubiconOrdie; 12-30-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Nittos. They sound great, ride smooth and balanced perfectly with very little weight on each wheel. I think that are the most aggressive, best looking tire available right now. Congratulations on your purchase!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:40 PM
JK Super Freak

wayoflife or the FAQ could tell ya but I believe a 3" lift will require possible longer shocks, adjustable track bar, etc...
Old 12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I just checked the kit on northridge4x4 and it appears the kit comes with everything. You might want to consider the rear adjustable track bar but I'll leave that to the experts.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Nittos. I love them They do humm but I actually miss it when I drive wifey's van. I've got almost 20k on them and they are halfway worn.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the NIttos. And they are amazing, i just got done wheeling after after about 2 days of raining. the aggesive tread throws clumps of mud and gets traction in any condition that i have put my jeep into. I have also had the tires out on the rocks of Uwharrie. I can not complain but only at the price, at 300$ a tire, that can be an expensive flat

Quick Reply: Black Diamond and Nitto Mud Grapplers