Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

blinking tire pressure

Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blinking tire pressure

I recently put on new wheels, tires and new tpms sensors on a 2014 JKUR. All was good for a week. The temperature dropped today and the tire warning light came on with 32 pounds indicated on all four tires. I understand that part, what I don't get is that on the dash indicator that shows all four wheels pressure, the front left number is blinking. It reads the same air pressure as the other four. Says -37 at the top of the display.

Couldn't find anything in the owners manual. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wightmn
I recently put on new wheels, tires and new tpms sensors on a 2014 JKUR. All was good for a week. The temperature dropped today and the tire warning light came on with 32 pounds indicated on all four tires. I understand that part, what I don't get is that on the dash indicator that shows all four wheels pressure, the front left number is blinking. It reads the same air pressure as the other four. Says -37 at the top of the display.

Couldn't find anything in the owners manual. Any help would be appreciated.
Blinking usually means a bad sensor. At least it used to on the older systems, before the actual pressure read-outs.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

My 2014 did the same thing when they got lower then the recommended 37psi by 5 psi the indicator would flash and the front passenger tire is the one that flashes on mine even tho they all read the same 32psi, I guess it is probably the first tire to reach the lower limit that flashes, my front passenger always shows 1 psi less then the others even tho I set them all the same with a high end pressure gauge.. Unfortuneately you need to air up to 37psi to get the light to reset. I have a procal and set my minimum to 21psi that way I don't have to worry about it. I run 30-32psi on the street but with the new 13 and 14's you have to set the procal at least 8psi under where you actually want it to come on at..

Last edited by jadmt; 12-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info.

Procal on order.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

I have been reading a lot these past few weeks and can't seem to find my exact issue.

I have had new wheels/tires on my '14 JKU for almost 8 months with new sensors. No issues at all with the TPMS. Worked great from the day I put them on. About a month ago the warning came on and flashed for about 1 minute then goes solid. When looking at the individual pressure, they are all the same at 35 and none of them are blinking. It then went off and never dinged at me again. Last week it came on and did the same exact thing, but never went away.

I tried the reset methods that I have read about, 20 min drive over 15 mph and over inflating them with no luck.

If the individual tire sensor isn't blinking, just the main dash light, what do you think it could be?

I'd prefer not to buy a procal as I have a 6 speed and only went up to 33". Stock pressure has been doing well on my Duratrac and no issues for 8 months. Ohh, my spare is also up to pressure too.

I'm stuck!

Quick Reply: blinking tire pressure