Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

On board air compressor

Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On board air compressor

I'm looking to get the ARB air lockers, which I know require an onboard air system (which is good to have anyway). I was wondering what compressor would go well for those lockers? I was looking at ARB Twin On-Board Air Compressors - ARB Compressor - ARB Air Compressors but I don't know if I can mount that inside the hood. Anyone have suggestions?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

oh it can be done.... i have the same mount and it fits like a glove. awesome fill time

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ressor-195183/
Old 08-12-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Do you run a tank with it, or just off the compressor itself? New to the OBA and just trying to price everything out right now. What size tires do you run and how long does it take to fully inflate? I know I would need the tire inflation kit which runs $37.00.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mounted mine in the rear. Keeps it clean and dry. I run 295/70 17 tires and it takes about a minute per tire to go from 15psi to 30. I do not have a tank.

Quick Reply: On board air compressor