Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF Performance vs Budget Leveling Kit

Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Performance vs Budget Leveling Kit

Hi All, I want to put a leveling kit on my jeep. What is the difference between the performance leveling kit (coils) and the budget leveling kit (spacers)? They are both listed as 1.5", so I'm assuming that they both are going to put 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Can anyone with experience attest to the ride difference? or possible stance difference????
Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the pucks on my old 08. Pucks will sink after a while thus lift hight shrinks.

If it was me and I wasn't going no taller than a 33 tire. I'd just do the puck lift. I had no problems with it after I installed a steering stabilizer. Cause if the pucks do break down, they are an easy fix, cheap too. Now if your wanting to go higher I'd go ahead and get a quality lift an do it right the first time.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Junkie

The BB may still leave a slight rake and if you run heavy bumpers you may lose some height due to the weight. The LK which uses coils will eliminate the rake and the coils were designed to handle the weight of aftermarket bumpers should you choose to install one later on.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

awesome. Thanks for the replies. I only want to run 33s and don't plan on changing out to a heavy bumper. I think I'm just gonna go with the budget leveling kit.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran the coil performance leveling kit for some time and wheeled the heck out of it. It really performed well.

Quick Reply: TF Performance vs Budget Leveling Kit