Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Body Armor bumpers

Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Body Armor bumpers

Anyone have any experience with their products? I am looking at the JK-2961 - Rear Base Bumper.

Thanks!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have body armor tube doors. The quality is decent, but one of the rear doors will not line up properly even after max adjustment. I don't use the rear as much so it's "okay", but seems kinda sucky to have to live with it.

The biggest problem is that most of their stuff is made in China. My doors are and I wasn't happy about it. Lots of other great products out there that are made in the USA. OR-Fab is what I'm looking at...cheap too!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:58 AM
JK Newbie

I plan on making my own sliders and bumpers....i have a few yeas fabricating experience and my buddy builds race cars then i will just powdercoat everything to match and go.....i don't trust buying them anymore too much cheap stuff on the market now days
Old 05-22-2011, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have that rear bumper and swing,works great and has held up to a good hard back into a tree(saved taillight)Made in china part sucks,though.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Made in China?? Geez didn't know that. I really like the styling and the fact that I can keep my factory receiver.

Guess I need to think a little more...

Thanks for the replies!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

I have both the front and rear. So far I've driven about 1000 miles with them, but they are only about a week old. (Traveling back to school and about. haha) I'm going to wait a bit before I do a writeup.

They look amazing and are sturdy. I did not install myself. The rear bumper as just a base is really cool, there may be better options if you do not want a tire carrier though.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Not thrilled with Body Armor

I have the rear bumper, tire carrier, and Hi Lift Jack bracket. While I do like the design and look of everything, the parts are not well made. Yes, the steel is thick, but the welds look terrible. Very sloppy.

Most of my problems centered around the tire carrier. The fist one was damaged in shipping. I chalk it up to poor packaging, and the fork truck guys playing rugby on break.

Next tire carrier wasn't welded to the pivot arm correctly, so when "closed", the latch was 1/2" off of the hooks on the bumper, preventing me from shutting the latch. I have to give Body Armor props for their customer support, as they were very responsive to my emails and sent me a new tire carrier quickly.

The third tire carrier I received had a problem with the threaded holes not lining up with the actual latch. Some quick work with a dremel and I got it to go together. But I shouldn't have had to fix the defective product they sent me to replace the defect product I already had.

Lastly, the Hi Lift Jack bracket works, but the bolt holes are spaced just a little too far apart to fit the matching bolts through the jack and into the threaded bosses. I had to use smaller bolts and nuts on the back side of the bosses to get the jack to go on the bracket. The jack stays in place, but it isn't bolted down the way it's intended to.

I like their products, just not their build quality. I recommend finding another company to buy from.

Last edited by thehoffman; 05-22-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: I can't type....

Quick Reply: Body Armor bumpers