Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which body lift

Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which body lift

ok so i have a '10 base manual jk... i already put a 2.5 rough country spacer kit with the brake line relocators... i am running 35 x 1250s and im scrubbing on the fenders some... i was looking into a body lift and i am trying to decide on what size to go with... Ive found 3 different ones im interested in. i talked with a guy at Rough Country and he said there wouldnt be a problem running both the 2.5 spacer kit and the 1.25 body lift... i think a 2" would be too big since i already have the brake lines extented... and i will have to bend the shifter... the 1.25 will work but i will have to bend the shifter (supposedly what the guy from RC said) and with the 1" it will work with no problem...

any input or experience would be much appreciated
Old 04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

if you rub on the inside of the fender just add on tire spacer 1.1/4" i have a 2.5" skyjacker with 3/4 spacer on 35" i don't rub one bit even on flex

post a picture up to see exactly what's going on
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saltine
ok so i have a '10 base manual jk... i already put a 2.5 rough country spacer kit with the brake line relocators... i am running 35 x 1250s and im scrubbing on the fenders some... i was looking into a body lift and i am trying to decide on what size to go with... Ive found 3 different ones im interested in. i talked with a guy at Rough Country and he said there wouldnt be a problem running both the 2.5 spacer kit and the 1.25 body lift... i think a 2" would be too big since i already have the brake lines extented... and i will have to bend the shifter... the 1.25 will work but i will have to bend the shifter (supposedly what the guy from RC said) and with the 1" it will work with no problem...

any input or experience would be much appreciated
A body lift has nothing to do with your brakelines, you don't bend your shifter either, there is a shifter boot you have to trim on a manual.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

its not rubbing while driving normally... its only driving when flexing... and if i hit a giant bump... im running crager soft 8s with a 4" backspacing as well... its not really to solve the rubbing... im trying to figure out which body lift would be the best for me... either will work... im trying to figure out if one lift or the other will over flex the brake lines... im leaning towards the 1.25" Rough Country lift tho
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
A body lift has nothing to do with your brakelines, you don't bend your shifter either, there is a shifter boot you have to trim on a manual.
ok cool thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

If you have a 6 speed the RC 1.25 wont work.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jvalason
If you have a 6 speed the RC 1.25 wont work.
why is that? i called Rough Country them selves and they said it would work just would require the shifter to be bent... i mean im not debating you just trying to find out

Quick Reply: which body lift