Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bolt size for passenger handle bar

Old 09-13-2013, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bolt size for passenger handle bar

On the passenger side, the handle above the glove box as a bolt on either end. I believe it takes an allen wrench. Does anybody know the bolt size (threads, length, etc.) for this particular bolt?

Reason for asking is that I was looking at the RAM Mounts webpage and saw where you can order the ball with a threaded stud. I thought this may be a good way to mount a device in the jeep. Just replace the bolt with a RAM 1" ball and then you can use any of their arms/mounts for your device.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think those are just fake bolts. Its just a trim piece that can be pulled off.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowendrider
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think those are just fake bolts. Its just a trim piece that can be pulled off.
The 7/32 hex bolts come out but the do not hold the handle in. When I took mine off to paint i used the bolts as a lever to pry the handle off.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ifgyou wanna mount a laptop--getta passenger front seat RAM laptop/tablet adj mount-

It mounts to the front two pass. seat bolts--secure !

JIMBO
Old 09-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Vin
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowendrider
The hex bolts for the trim piece are fake, but underneath there are bolts that hold the handle on. I forget the size, but if you get instructions for the CoolTech Cobra 75 WX mount. I'm rushed for time now, but I'll post what I find later if no one comes up with the answer.

Quick Reply: Bolt size for passenger handle bar