Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bosch +4 IR Fusion spark plugs

Old 12-01-2008, 12:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bosch +4 IR Fusion spark plugs

can someone help with some info on thease plugs" Bosch +4 IR Fusion spark plugs" are they conciderd a HOT plug ? are they ok to run in the 3.8 ? the reason im asking is i had a littel jet boat w/ a merc 90 oil injection the injection was not meterd so at idel i was fouling the plugs the service guy recomended "splitfires" they were a hot plug and would keep the plugs from fouling w/oil well they worked great for about 4hrs of run time then it wouldnt start brought it in to find out that i melted the pistons/block and needless they only recomended the plugs so i ate that one and leard to investagate before doing that type of think again so thanks for bareing with my story and your info would be great i did read their promo and a write up by hot rod mag on the plugs BUT they are not to clear if they could cause possable eng damage
Old 12-01-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would only use stock type plugs, all the others are snake oil to get your money.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have run the Bosch Platinum IR Fusion plugs in My JK for about 10,000 miles with out having any problems. The selection guide calls for the 4514 for the JK 3.8 liter engine.

Quick Reply: Bosch +4 IR Fusion spark plugs