Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bov on ripp supercharger stopped working again!!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ripp. Do you know if this BOV will work on your SC kit?

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
Old 07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi

What are the symptoms of your SC problems (I know you've mentioned the codes for a lean condition)? Any hesitations, stumbling, rough idle?
It basically just sounds like a bird whistling so i know its not releasing the pressure correctly so i am waitin for a new by pass valve. . It idles fine drives fine BUT the sound isnt right id have to make a video to explain better
Old 07-22-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Ditch the bosche or whatever and go with the forge 007. I've worked on a lot of TC and SC cars and that's one of the first things that I like to replace. You're replacing a plastic housing and rubber flange for a metal housing and spring valve. Holds boost better and lasts longer in all types of weather and conditions. Just my .02
Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notsoricer
Ditch the bosche or whatever and go with the forge 007. I've worked on a lot of TC and SC cars and that's one of the first things that I like to replace. You're replacing a plastic housing and rubber flange for a metal housing and spring valve. Holds boost better and lasts longer in all types of weather and conditions. Just my .02
How does it sound? Cuz id GlAdLy get rid of bosche pos
Old 07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traxx2003
"RIPPTECH" Is it possible to use a HKS Blowoff valve with your supercharger system?
Im curious bout this as well
Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by REDJEEPJK
How does it sound? Cuz id GlAdLy get rid of bosche pos
it depends a lot on the intake you have and how many lbs of boost you're running. lower boost causes a little more of a flutter where as higher boost is a whoosh/hiss sound (nothing loud like the greedy bov i had on my 300whp eclipse gsx lol). shorter/freer flowing intake makes it louder obviously. you can also change out the spring for a stronger/weaker one to accommodate boost and give you the results that you are looking for. you can also repair the internals if need be rather than chucking the whole thing. I've been through a lot of bov/dv's and these are in the top 3 I've used and installed on other cars. But I think it would be great for your application as it is the most common replacement for the bosch's in the audi and vw community.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by notsoricer

it depends a lot on the intake you have and how many lbs of boost you're running. lower boost causes a little more of a flutter where as higher boost is a whoosh/hiss sound (nothing loud like the greedy bov i had on my 300whp eclipse gsx lol). shorter/freer flowing intake makes it louder obviously. you can also change out the spring for a stronger/weaker one to accommodate boost and give you the results that you are looking for. you can also repair the internals if need be rather than chucking the whole thing. I've been through a lot of bov/dv's and these are in the top 3 I've used and installed on other cars. But I think it would be great for your application as it is the most common replacement for the bosch's in the audi and vw community.
Im running 8lbs max of boost and my intake is short atleast id say
Old 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by REDJEEPJK
Im running 8lbs max of boost and my intake is short atleast id say
Then I'm thinking that it will be quiet until it needs to burp out some leftover boost. In other words there shouldn't be any whistling coming from the valve until you let off the throttle and it will either hiss a little or you might hear a little whoosh. its not going to obnoxious and if you want it to be a little less conservative then you can put a weaker spring in. if you buy it and don't like it, you should have no problem unloading it on craiglist or a eurosport forum.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick-NY
Ripp. Do you know if this BOV will work on your SC kit?

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication
Hello!? RIPP are you there?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traxx2003
"RIPPTECH" Is it possible to use a HKS Blowoff valve with your supercharger system?
Nope, It will not stay open at idle or while cruising at highway speeds causing a the boost that can be built up and deadhead the compressor, leading to possible failure.

The "plastic" BOV that we use is the same that Vortech uses in their SRT8 systems that produce in excesses of 500 whp, so it should more than suffice.

RIPP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWP02ZOLvo&feature=plcp

Quick Reply: Bov on ripp supercharger stopped working again!!!!