Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bracket is tearing up my steering stabilizer.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simon
Their mistake - their problem.
Have them fix it.

x2... Had similar issues w/my lift and gears getting installed from the dealership... long story short, I had a 'real' 4x4 shop fix their fu@# ups and I held out on paying my bill and back charged them for the fix/repairs.

DON'T HAVE THE DEALERSHIP DO MODs TO YOUR JEEP... leave that for the people that do it for a living... just leave the warranty stuff for the dealerships... That's been my lessons learned in all this!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubidonn
x2... Had similar issues w/my lift and gears getting installed from the dealership... long story short, I had a 'real' 4x4 shop fix their fu@# ups and I held out on paying my bill and back charged them for the fix/repairs.

DON'T HAVE THE DEALERSHIP DO MODs TO YOUR JEEP... leave that for the people that do it for a living... just leave the warranty stuff for the dealerships... That's been my lessons learned in all this!
I completely understand your situation, but from what I was told by the dealership is they have an outside shop do their mods for them, which scares me even more x_X.

I think I might just do this fix myself because who knows how long it'll take them to do it, I will however just like I did when I fixed the sway bar links take pictures and such to use as ammo if I ever really need the dealershit to do any mod related work for me.

Out of curiousity what did they F up about your suspension?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Out of curiousity what did they F up about your suspension?
Where do I start... They jacked up a bushing on my rear driver's side lower control arm, was able to be salvaged. They put the rear passenger side sway bar link on the wrong side of the bracket and it was going to be rubbing my brake line and would eventually break it. They didn't tighten the front track bar jam nut at all. They didn't center the front axle. They put a bolt in the wrong way for my rear track bar bracket that ended up rubbing my rear bump stop for the axle... easy fix (turned it around myself once I figured out what was going 'clunk' when I was flexed out). They were supposed to do my gears (went to 5.13s) but couldn't get the axels back together... They literally ended up having to ship my Jeep on a flatbed to the shop of my choice so the shop could put my axels back together. The dealership told me they never touched the rear end, well all the axle bolts were loose in the rear so the thing would have fallen appart. When they disassembled the differentials, they broke both (front and rear) locker indicator switches.

I was out of my Jeep for LITERALLY 6 Weeks.

Outside of that, they did AWESOME work!

Last edited by Rubidonn; 11-09-2007 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Remembered more $hit they fu#@'d up.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow....Dealerships suck in every way.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Wow....Dealerships suck in every way.
Lil bit.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

One last question.

when I fix this thing should I bother keeping whats left of the rubber boot on? is it really necessary?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not necessary. if you want a boot, just buy a new one ($7).
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talk to Tim at Skyjacker, he's a great person and will bend over backwards to help you. Was having issues with the rear track bar relocating bracket on the 4 inch lift, he sent me the reinforcment piece, no charge. Really great peopple that support their product and back up what they say.

Quick Reply: Bracket is tearing up my steering stabilizer.