Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake up grades

Old 01-29-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake up grades

Does anyone know if Vanco will be doing a brake upgrade for the JK's. With stock tires, braking was barely adequate, but now with 37's it just plain sucks.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

I think the braking is better on the JK than any Jeep I have ever had, but I would be willing to bet that someone will improve it. I guess that is one area that has always suffered on my Jeeps. My '87 Wrangler had to be the worst. I also had an '82 CJ7 with 36" tires that didn't even have power brakes. That was fun...
Old 01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree they were better than any of my other Jeeps, but still need a little more. I plan on towing a pop up this summer, and hope someone has an up grade by then, because that will be fun towing an additional 3K lbs rolling 37's with the stock brakes.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

braking is phenomenal wit hte stock 32's i couldnt be happier

night and day better then on my YJ, our old cherokee, and our old Grand

i think you need to realize that it is a jeep and it is heavy and you need to treat it like one
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default brakes

I have 35s on my TJ, and am going to do a hydro boost system this summer, so I can stop... not so much for me, but for the Civic I just ran over...

Quick Reply: Brake up grades