Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken shock bolts, unable to complete my lift instal

Old 01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken shock bolts, unable to complete my lift instal

So I spent the day installing my Teraflex BB kit on my 08 JKU. I get everything in place and the last thing that needed to be done was the front shock mount extensions. I soaked them in wd-40, then some PB blaster, then a little heat because they were all rusted up. Well of course they both snapped!! Now the Jeep is gonna be on jack stands until friday when the Rancho shocks come in.

Just needed to vent
Old 01-08-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rustyshackleford
What bolts broke? Size of lift? Probably could swing factory shocks until new ones come
It was the top bolt, on each side, that located the top of the shock at the top of the fender. Without that bolt the shocks are unusable.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine did the same thing when I was removing the stock front shocks on my 08'. Fortunately I was installing new shocks with my lift and not using extensions or reusing the OEM's

Quick Reply: Broken shock bolts, unable to complete my lift instal