Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget Boost

Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Boost

Looking for some help here. I am going to be pulling the trigger on a budget bust next week. I'm looking at either the Daystar 3.0 with scorpion shocks or the Taraflex 2.5" lift kit.

I have done a lot of research on the Taraflex kit's but I am not to familiar with the Daystar product until recently when I read about them in 4 wheel magazine. Anyone here running the Daystar budget boost?

This will be installed on a 2012 Rubicon unlimited.

Additionally, I will be getting some Procomp wheels with 4.75" of back spacing. Is the back spacing enough so nothing rubs after the lift?

Thanks for your time and help.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2.5" is pushing it when talking budget boosts. 3.0" is too much. If you are just trying to clear 35s the TF2.5" will do it. If 33s, then any 2.0" should do the trick. All this depends on how you plan to use your JK. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

I went with the AEV 2" spacer. My buddy cleared 35s (little rubbing) with the same lift and i'm running 33's with 4.5" bs without a problem. But, as said before, all depends on what you are using it for....

Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chazzmania
I went with the AEV 2" spacer. My buddy cleared 35s (little rubbing) with the same lift and i'm running 33's with 4.5" bs without a problem. But, as said before, all depends on what you are using it for....
Hey, how do you like the 2" AEV and
have you had any rubbing with 33's ?
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 2013 2 door Rubicon....
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DEADRABBIT31

Hey, how do you like the 2" AEV and
have you had any rubbing with 33's ?
I was thinking about doing the same thing with my 2013 2 door Rubicon....
I love it so far. My tires are really wide so I get a tiny bit of rubbing full turn and full flex. Other than that they fit perfect, look perfect and best of all easy to install!!

Quick Reply: Budget Boost