Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Built dana44 front vs prorock

Old 03-18-2017, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Jeep was not itailan until 2009. Both of mine are 2007 when the MB owned chrysler.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:57 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That makes sense. You going to put your old Dyna 60/60's under the 4 door now?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tgoss
Yeah... And that pile of shit probably drop ships from from China where it's manufactured . I would encourage any enthusiast to spend the extra couple dollars and get a real American made housing from Dynatrac like you did yourself
Well said!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
SoK66, We won't say anything bad about the Tera axle, but we are curious what you saw on our ProRock 44 axle that makes you think that our quality isn't the same or better? Also, where did you see our axle? We pride ourselves on excellence in design and manufacturing, and if something with the Dynatrac name on it doesn't that live up to that, we definitely want to know about it!
I'm glad u chimed in. My PR 44 was installed in NorCal but live in SoCal. It's leaking oil and had it fixed once up north to only leak a week later. Can u help me out ???

John
310-947-5364

Last edited by Ripa777; 03-19-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by DJ1
That makes sense. You going to put your old Dyna 60/60's under the 4 door now?
If I don't sell the axles then I might throw them under the 4 door or I also have a 2001 TJ that is all stock.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If I don't sell the axles then I might throw them under the 4 door or I also have a 2001 TJ that is all stock.
How much you selling your axles for?
Old 03-19-2017, 12:43 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I have a for sale thread on here. Have them listed for $9500 but would consider some trades as well like firearms and tools. I could also look at taking some factory axles in trade depending on what they are and set up. Not interested in any dana 30's with 3.21 or 3.73 gears in them.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Thanks for chiming in. The PR44 is certainly a fine product. Comparing two PR44 Unlimiteds owned by club members to my TF R44 the PR44s lacked control arm mount skids, multi-holed track bar mount brackets (the PR44s required installation of Synergy brackets at extra cost) & diff drain plug. The tech who installed my R44 commented that the gear setup process on the TF housing was far easier than PR44s he'd installed. Finally, On my setup TF's spring buckets were more favorable due to the bump stop pad design. For those who've never seen one, TF's welding is a work of art, to the point when they saw it one of our our local fab shops photographed it to use as an example of fine welding.

I'm certainly not here to bash Dynatrac, I had your axles on my previous rig. However I was not going to let that "POS" comment go without responding. Helps to know what you're talking about before dissing someone's product.

Thanks for your reply, and we’re glad you’re not here to bash Dynatrac! You probably already know these points, but so that no one else is confused…the Dynatrac ProRock 44 is available with two versions of the track-bar-bracket mount. One standard height and one raised height. Our raised-height bracket now has an integrated steering-ram mount. This simplifies installations where people are using a steering-ram assist, or might in the future. You are correct that we don’t put skid plates on the lower control arm mounts. Early on we found that these can interfere with some aftermarket suspension systems. Our brackets are plenty strong with these extra plates, and it is pretty easy for a shop (or a Jeep owner) to fabricate these skid plates for themselves if they want that will clear their specific suspension arms. As for gear set up, please have that shop call us any time he has trouble setting up gears in one of our housings. We’ve sold more ProRock 44 housings than all competing aftermarket axles combined, and we rarely run into trouble with gear setup. We hope your axle performs as you expect for a long time, and we hope that you’ll consider us for your next project.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:19 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I have a for sale thread on here. Have them listed for $9500 but would consider some trades as well like firearms and tools. I could also look at taking some factory axles in trade depending on what they are and set up. Not interested in any dana 30's with 3.21 or 3.73 gears in them.

Would you consider a trade for a PR44U (35 spline ARB RCV, Dyna ball joints) and SF PR60 in 4.88's practically brand spankin' new? The PR60 will be ordered here in the next 2 days so I can still change the rear diff to ARB, EATON, etc. They are stock JK width.

I could probably make do with the 3 link up front but I'd definitely need to get the rear CA mounts back to stock and have rear spring perches welded in. I've got the EVO King's LCG front kit sitting here waiting. Was originally planning to keep the rear AEV coil/strut for the time being. I'm planning 3"-3.5" lift.

The main issue is the 5.13's. Not sure how I feel being in the 2700 RPM range on 36/37's since it's a daily driver so that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on yours....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.12.43 PM.png
Views:	85
Size:	627.6 KB
ID:	668686

Last edited by DJ1; 03-19-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
I'm glad u chimed in. My PR 44 was installed in NorCal but live in SoCal. It's leaking oil and had it fixed once up north to only leak a week later. Can u help me out ???

John
310-947-5364
Where is it leaking from? If it is from the differential cover, it probably wasn't sealed up good by whoever installed it. Also, someone was talking about the fact that the drain plug isn't at the bottom on the PR44. While I agree it would be nice, it's definitely not a deal breaker considering the extra ground clearance you get over the other housings available, and it also allows you to inspect the internals when you do change the gear oil.

Quick Reply: Built dana44 front vs prorock