Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bump Stops for Frankenlift

Old 10-09-2018, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bump Stops for Frankenlift

I recently removed the Teraflex coil spacer lift and added 4" EVO coils front and rear which netted 4.5" of lift. The Jeep has 34" tires on stock 18" wheels with 1.5" spacers, Rancho 9000 shocks, adjustable front and rear track bars, rear track bar relo bracket and AEV front lower geometry correction brackets. 4.88's are being installed next week. It has no extended bump stops and I know it needs them. What length bump stops normally come with 4" lift kits or is there a better method to determine what length it needs? My next purchase will be a drag link flip kit and I see they mention minimum 3.5" bump stops up front so I would like to get the correct ones the first time.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:51 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You size bump stops to tire rub and shock compression not lift height. Simply flex it out and you should see how much you need. With 34" tires it should only be 1"-2"
Old 10-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Yep... what Dirtman said. Pull your coils then cycle the suspension while watching for contact by either tires or hard parts (drag link or such) and monitor for shock being fully compressed. You should cycle the front and rear in all positions... both sides compressed / driver side compressed with passenger full droop / passenger side compressed with driver full droop. And while your at it, you should check what things look like at full droop so you can see if your brake lines or ABS lines are going to be an issue.

Quick Reply: Bump Stops for Frankenlift