Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bump stops mandatory for coil lift?

Old 03-12-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by planman
The Rubicon stock shocks with extensions will bottom out without running extended bumpstops. You don't need as tall as the Teraflex ones, but you'll need some extensions.

Extended bumpstops as long as the Teraflex ones are needed to run 35s with stock flares.

If you run 33s or smaller, plus run different shocks that allow more uptravel, then you can skip the extended bumpstops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Planman has it right,
remove lower shock bolt, raise Jeep, remove coils, remove the yellow foam, lower Jeep until bump stops hits bump stops perch, compress shock (ALL THE WAY), if the holes in the shock and the holes in the shock mount don't line up then measure from center of shock bolt hole to center of shock mount bolt hole. And add 1/4" to 3/8". Then that's how much bump stop you need ;-)
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses. To answer your question CIS911 I plan on having the stock wheels (17in) with the stock tires for about six months and running them with 1.5 spidertrax. The tires will be 33 to 35 inches. Planman thanks for the advice on running those shocks with the coils. If I do the pucks for a bump stop, they only go on the bottom correct? and not the top? The last message cis911 you sent me about lining everything up seems a little complicated for me to picture it. Is it possible to add too much bump stop? Do you suggest I place two pucks inside every coil like the picture you posted and buy the teraflex upper bump stops? I wasn't going to do the coil lift, but since i bought the spidertraxs from this guy he gave me the coils and shocks w/ extension. Do you suggest I buy the teraflex budget boost with spacers and forget about the coils I got? Or am I getting close enough to getting it all together? Another thing is should I put a 3/4 inch daystar body lift up front to level it out or should i just put a spacer on top of the coil if I go that route? Im been reviewing lifts and other suspensions things but i am trying to understand it all

K hope to hear form you guys soon.

Quick Reply: bump stops mandatory for coil lift?