Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper Decisions

Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brent1024
All I heard was a big crash and the kitchen bar shook and both boys just looked at me and said "mommys home"
I really did laugh out loud!

I'm thinking about the ACE engineering stuff too, fenders and stinger...they are just a short drive into Michigan. And you can't beat the bang for the buck!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on the Genright front steel stubby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FBB8000.lg.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	263635

Decided on the PSC trail stinger, but it was a bit more than 4.

RR was out, every jeep I see around here seems to have one...
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

I went with Hyline. It's a good bumper, but weighs in at about 85 pounds. I liked the shape of it. But that's just me. I'm not a fan of the stubby bumpers. But the good thing about Jeeps is that you can customize yours anyway you like it.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigRich
I really did laugh out loud!

I'm thinking about the ACE engineering stuff too, fenders and stinger...they are just a short drive into Michigan. And you can't beat the bang for the buck!
Ya, I'm kind of leaning towards ACE at the moment now that it's been brought up. I did a little looking around last night and their stubby stinger seems to be one of the nicest. Reasonable price too I suppose. I'm trying to decide whether I should drive down to pick it up or have it shipped. It's only about an hour and half or so down there. Gas vs. Shipping..
Old 01-14-2012, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just came across this and had to chime in. i went with the smitty xrc series with the brawler bar...looks awsome...but i reciently came across wrux bumpers...they make an awsome front stuffy with brawler bar, and a mid width front and a rear with a carrier for super cheap. google wrux bumpers...so about to try to sell my front and rear xrc set up to try to help pay for a wrux front and rear set up.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crazecodyk
i just came across this and had to chime in. i went with the smitty xrc series with the brawler bar...looks awsome...but i reciently came across wrux bumpers...they make an awsome front stuffy with brawler bar, and a mid width front and a rear with a carrier for super cheap. google wrux bumpers...so about to try to sell my front and rear xrc set up to try to help pay for a wrux front and rear set up.
Front looks a little too much like the stock bumper for my liking. Well designed bumpers though!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sonix
Ya, I'm kind of leaning towards ACE at the moment now that it's been brought up. I did a little looking around last night and their stubby stinger seems to be one of the nicest. Reasonable price too I suppose. I'm trying to decide whether I should drive down to pick it up or have it shipped. It's only about an hour and half or so down there. Gas vs. Shipping..
If I lived that close I would probably drive down just to see their operation in person... but, I'm weird like that.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out OR-FAB. Their stubby bumpers are nice! They also come packed where you are guaranteed not to have any shipping damages even if a bomb goes off. Also they use all the exact mounting points that the factory does, so it's cake to install!

Quick Reply: Bumper Decisions