Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bumper questions with 37" tires

Old 02-13-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bumper questions with 37" tires

Hey guys,

I'm new and this is my first post. Next week my 4.5" re long arm lift will be here. I've already got my 37/12.50/17 iroks in the shed (really ready for those!). I have a couple of questions: 1) is anybody running this rear bumper/ carrier with anything larger than a 35, and if so how (modifications?) and 2) what bumpers (and why) do you guys like with this lift/wheel/tire package? I've been watching this forum for months waiting for my unlimited rubicon to come in, so I feel your pain!!! Thanks for the responses to come.

Max

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-14-2007 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for your response MichealW. I'm liking the aev front bumper (which I'm almost settled on), I'm just haveing a lot of trouble picking the rear bumper and tire carrier that will hold a 37/12.50 tire.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the aev front bumper on order now they told me it should be here by the end of the month as for the back bumper I am not to fond of any of the ones that available right now I am going to mount my 37" tire temporarily with the best top tire carrier that just mounts to the back swing gate until one comes out that I like hopefully aev will be making one that will look as good as thier front bumper
Old 02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

I to am one that is not impressed with what is out there for the front yet. I am really leaning with the AEV front bumper. However from what I have seen and read it rubs with anything bigger than a 35. If someone can post some pictures and settle this for me that would be great. I would also like to see what ARB comes out with.

As for the rear I am going with the Jeeperman. I had one on my old Jeep and it held just fine with no rattles. I also have seen Jeepermans Rear on a TJ with a 40" Tire and rack with a cooler and it still didnt rattle, bend or have any problems shutting. The guy with it opened it and swung it with one hand and shut it the same. I have been sold ever since.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default LoD bumper with 37's

Im running 37's and I have the LoD aftermarket bumper and tire carrier. It looks insane. There are no modifications needed. Its straight bolt-on. Because it lifts the tire so high there is no need for a rear view mirror. LOL! I cant see shit behind me because the tire is so big. I get my Jeep back on Friday after three weeks of bolting on any aftermarket part I could find. Pics coming Friday night! LoD bumpers are one of the few that are available for now... check um out!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like Hanson's bumpers does anyone know if he is going to work on JK bumpers? M.O.R.E has some nice stuff too would like to know if the are going to put something together for the rear. As far as the bumpers go I am content to wait and see what comes out, hopefully there is alot more available at Jeep Safari at the Vendors area.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys, I will search for some pictures of the LoD rear with a 37" spare. I'll look for stupman's pics tonight. On my 05 TJ I had an ARB front and Warn rear. Any word on what ARB will produce and when?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Teraflex Bumpers?

I'm really liking the Teraflex bumpers but I can't find price/availability info on them yet. Anyone else?

Quick Reply: bumper questions with 37" tires