Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper/winch spring sag

Old 07-08-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper/winch spring sag

I could use some help in getting the front of my JK to level out after the add-ons. What I have is a 2-door X. Right now the front sits a little over 1/2 an inch low, almost 3/4". I added 200 lbs(myself) to the front and it came down another 1.0 inch. I am looking at the Mopar bumper and a winch, and near as I can figure, the weight will be about 225 lbs. Can anyone give me a part number for a OEM spring that will support the weight and bring me level? One of the 22 different spring rates for the JK has to work for this situation, I just need to find the right one. Thanks for any help...
Old 07-08-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

look at spacers

OEM springs arent worth it, for what its worth, most after merket springs have a higher spring rate, and will work better with a front bumper and a winch

i would look at a 2 inch front spring, it will work great and put your jeep at level
Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thought of that

I had thought of spacers, but the spring compression would be the same, just lifting the frame up from the compressed spring. Any idea of who sells an aftermarket spring that would support the added weight???

Quick Reply: Bumper/winch spring sag