Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI question

Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI question

Hi guys, I want to know if I can mix different CAI parts from different brands all together or its not possible?

Example: I want to use AEM dry filter with K&N or Volant non metalic tube. Would it fit or no?

Any1 knows if CAI aftermarket brands have the same tube diameter?

Thanx
Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 AM
JK Jedi

Shouldn't be an issue as long as things fit, I don't know the diameters of the parts mentioned though.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I built my own with parts from Auto Zone. See Pic in My Project JK. Gallery. Total cost - around $60.00
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Shouldn't be an issue as long as things fit, I don't know the diameters of the parts mentioned though.
x2...You can probably call AEM & give them your filter specs (Diameter & length), they should be able to find a replacement for you...As for K&N, I believe their filters have much larger diameters (4" or more) at least it was on my last vehicle. Not sure if you can find a replacement for that brand...

Last edited by aldaman; 09-03-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by britjk
I built my own with parts from Auto Zone. See Pic in My Project JK. Gallery. Total cost - around $60.00
How do you like your homemade CAI? Did you notice any extra power? How about noise, does it whistle?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by QKSILVER
How do you like your homemade CAI? Did you notice any extra power? How about noise, does it whistle?
It has a nice throaty sound - no whistle and a kick in the pants difference at launch.

Quick Reply: CAI question