Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can I run 2''BB on top of 2.5 spring lift??

Old 01-30-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I run 2''BB on top of 2.5 spring lift??

I currently run a 2.5 Rough Country BB (2.5" front, 2" rear) on my 08 Sahara Unlimited with 35's and there still seems to be some rake. My question is, can I add a 2"' spring leveling kit? ( 2" front 1" rear) Will I need all of the extras such as front adj track bar, rear track bar relocator, and adj control arms?? I know it's 4.5 total but with half of it coming from spacers will I need those and anything else?????
Old 01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Whether it is 4.5" coils, or 4.5" from a combination of spacers and coils, you will want the same extra components. Up to and including the possibility of new driveshafts and some type of steering correction/flip...
Old 01-30-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will Def need an adjustable from track bar and rear track bar bracket or new rear track bar. Also longer sway bar links in the front and possibly new brake lines. Longer shocks as well for a 4 inch lift and you might want to look into some AEV control drop brackets or adj from control arms to try and get your jk aligned right. Honestly it would probably be more cost efficient to buy a complete kit.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Whether it is 4.5" coils, or 4.5" from a combination of spacers and coils, you will want the same extra components. Up to and including the possibility of new driveshafts and some type of steering correction/flip...
Exactly.

Longer brakelines
Longer shocks
Extended bumpstops
Drag link flip
Driveshafts--at least for the front
Longer swaybar links
Adjustable trackbars and axle side relocation brackets
Adjustable control arms
Etc, etc

Quick Reply: Can I run 2''BB on top of 2.5 spring lift??