Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
I love your red accents, Mark, but don't you think red dirt on the tires is taking things a little too far??
Old 04-23-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed mine about 3K miles ago with the lower CA’s because of the castor and planning to go a little higher in time. I’ve run my JK up to 95MPH so far (little by little when I’m by myself on open zero traffic highway) to alleviate any question of ‘Death Wobble’ or ‘Bump Steer’. ZERO ISSUES, this lift is SWEET! I love my wife (and she loves to drive my JK) and I don’t want to worry about her safety.

The ride truly feels to be the same, not softer and not any rougher.

RHDrive – I would imagine the rear track bar is still mounted to the axle on the left side.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Mark Doiron;1665214]I don't know if I'd call the ride way more comfortable, but it is a nice ride. But, you won't forget that you in a Jeep, though. LOL.

I already had the front lower control arms (TF) which I installed before when I had a Rough Country Budget Boost and the steering was too flighty for my taste. If you can live with the steering feel, then you can do fine without the LCAs. It isn't unsafe or anything to drive that way, so you might just try it out and decide for yourself. Or, putting it off can let you pace your expenditures.

As for adjustable trackbars: The lift kit comes with a rear trackbar relocation bracket. But, I decided to go for new trackbars front and rear (and did not use the relocation bracket). This was primarily because I already had to loosen them up to install the lift, so why not take care of it all at once? Again, this is something you can put off, if need be. Just check the tracking of your tires and see how much the axle shift bothers you.

Finally, I already had the TF QDs. If you wheel where you want to disconnect the front swaybar, those make life a lot easier. The TF 2.5" coil kit has you replace the rear sway bar links with new, longer ones. You then take the old rear sway bar links, which are a little longer than the stock front swaybar links, and swap them out with the fronts. So, the front swaybar links become leftover parts. However, if you've installed QDs, then just leave the QDs in place and the rear swaybar links become the leftover parts.

As for your question about the trackbar bracket universality--Suggest that you PM Teraflex about that.

I think that you'll like the look when you're done (check sig for my details)...

I opted for this same setup as Mark. I went this route just because it seemed like the right thing to do after months of research and I did not want to skimp on what I would call critical parts. I have my wife and kids with me to much in the JK to be worrying about how it handles.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
MD5
JK Newbie

I recently installed the TF 2.5" coils with shocks on my Rubicon and I'm more than happy about it.
I choose to integrate the kit with front and rear adj. Track Bar (JKS) + front lower Control Arm (TF) both set at 23"-1/8.

The ride on the street is better than stock while in offroad leave me impressed for the available flex that greatly enhance the crawling capability of the JK.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, cool.. Thanks for the replies. Think I'll add a set of adj. track bars and LCA. JKS make some decent parts. Think I'll go with them. And not too overpriced.
But this will have till about September. Just whipped out $13 000 for my PPL and in June I'm gonna have to pay $65 000 to do my CPL. So gonna be a bit tight for a while, not to mention busy.
But when the time comes I'll be sure to post it all up and let you guys know what's going down.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear the JKS stuff is good but check out the TeraFlex monster front track bar. You can adjust it while it's on the Jeep so it's easy to use and it is super beefy. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:01 PM
MD5
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ScottW
I hear the JKS stuff is good but check out the TeraFlex monster front track bar. You can adjust it while it's on the Jeep so it's easy to use and it is super beefy. I'm very happy with mine.
I fully agree. I installed the JKS because it's cheap and it's enough for my mild off-road trip, but the TF is certainly better.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MD5
I fully agree. I installed the JKS because it's cheap and it's enough for my mild off-road trip, but the TF is certainly better.
That's very interesting
I see in your signature you have flex arms with your lift. Which are those? Front LCA or a full set?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default No issues with TF 2.5 lift

Here’s my 2 cents.
I just put on a TF 2.5 spring lift w/shock adapters last week, and had purchased a JKS front adj track bar and TF LCA’s but didn’t have time to install those at the time of the lift. So I’ve been running with just the lift for over a week and have had no issues. I can’t detect any major axle shift, the steering is not at all flighty, and my commute has me up and down from highways speeds (70mph), and no wobble or ill effects.
I got the LCA’s to adjust the camber, but really can’t see that they are necessary at this point. I’m going to install the adj track bar and LCA’s anyway, and see if there is a difference. My bottom line is the TF lift works great by itself.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottW
Originally Posted by MD5
I have the TF Monster. But, hasn't the JKS gone through a redesign? You might check into that. My trusted source for things like this (can't recommend him highly enough) is David at Northridge4x4.

Quick Reply: Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?