Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cat Back System

Old 09-22-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Back System

Does anyone know what the best Cat-Back System for the 2007 jeeps are......to give you better MPG.... preforamce.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Well i installed a Borla Single Cat-back over the Dual.

Reason:

I felt that a single would be better over the Dual as i dont want to lose to much back preasure. Maybe i am wrong but thats why i went for single.

As for the make, well i have tried various makes on my TJ and Borla has always made the best. I have noticed the difference after installing it, much better over stock any day. As for the sound well it aint loud at all you get a bit of a grunt but not like you would if its on a TJ.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the dual borla catback and I noticed an increase in mpg and the sound is very nice, which was my main reason for buying it.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
JK Freak

It appears that Borla is the best brand? Now to decide to go with a single or dual?
Old 09-23-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Don't forget Magnaflow

I put on a Magnaflow cat-back. I love the sound and have also noticed an increase in power. Add that to your list...
Old 09-23-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Borla sells a muffler back kit. Check out www.4wd.com or www.quadratec.com, both are Sponsors had have it.

Borla is the only way to go in my opinion for quality, sound and durability. Have ran on over 10 vehichles now.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

I would also recomend Banks since its available now I would have got the Banks over Borla if they released it when i was looking for a cat-back
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Banks is the way I went

6 months ago A friend of mine was driving a Titian with the banks system, Loved the sound. Did some research and found out that banks offered it for the jk. Ordered directly from banks. Love the sound and yes a little more power. A catback system, CAI and jetchip together and you will notice the difference. Now that the power is done, lift , tires, gears next. Wife starting to call it the money pit.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

I am trying to do the same thing that you just accomplished. Going for the power first. Ok, I order the banks system. What cat back exhaust system do you recommend? Do you have an estimated price of each and where to order?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

I just spoke with Banks. They have the headers for $632. However, he didn't think they had released the cat-back system for the 2-door yet? Anyone have information?

What makes the Banks better than Borla?

Quick Reply: Cat Back System