Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Changing tire pressure / remarkable results.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turk
"The problem has always been the fact that draught Guinness is (or should be) dispensed with a mixture of Nitrogen and CO2 gasses rather than the conventional CO2 alone. The nitrogen is used because it makes very fine bubbles while it is not absorbed into the brew as the CO2 is, thus it does not "over-carbonate" the beer. Also a special faucet is preferred which, in combination with the gasses, creates that wonderful creamy brown head which lasts to the bottom of the glass."

A much better use for nitrogen!
Thanks now I want a Guinness and I have over half a day of work to get done!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And on the tire pressure thing.

The cold we have had in the north can cause tire pressure in each tire to change on it's own. Moisture to condence inside the tire and freeze and melt when the tires warm up on the road. I've heard tires with loose ice in them sounds like something is broken. Be sure to check your tires when you have a large swing in temp. like from -18F to +20F thats a big swing 38dF.

Keeping the pressure will save gas and wear on the tires, keep the allignment in line longer, and the Jeep will handle better. Tires are safety equipment like seat belts.

We have Scout leaders that teach the Auto Mechinacs merit badge. You can find the book at any scout shop or public library, it teaches how to maintain a an automobile. It's good practical information for anyone.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So we need to put draught Guinness beer in our tires?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking of running helium in mine to see if it'll help me glide over bumps a little softer. You know, just a little added lift, plus if it's lighter I might get a little better gas mileage.

Quick Reply: Changing tire pressure / remarkable results.