Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Choosing a body lift

Old 11-02-2010, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Choosing a body lift

I'm about ready to order a 1" body lift to clear larger tires. I've looked at what's available (M.O.R.E., Daystar, Rough Country and Performance Accessories) and nothing's jumped out at me as being the obvious choice. The M.O.R.E. is obviously aluminum instead of plastic. The Daystar is also different because it doesn't require you to reuse the old parts. The Rough Country (which is 1.25") and PA lifts are the cheapest, the M.O.R.E. is in the middle and the Daystar is the most expensive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havnt heard anything bad about any. i have the MORE 1" pucks and they have served me well. about 9,000 miles and no issues. It was kinda a pain in the ass to take off and re use the stock washers. the pucks are nice and solid, as are the bolts.

i would recommend it...

its something about it being metal and not rubber/plastic that helps haha.

but i dont think you can go wrong either way
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the rc 1.25 as you can buy the manual shifter adapter set up for the 1.25 boost.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

now that i think about it. if you have a manual i wouldn't even do it. not a 1 inch. i had a lot of issues with 2.4.6. and reverse. too much shaving of the inner shift boot for my liking.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

You could go old skool and use 2x4s it would be around $2.50.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I forgot to mention that I have an automatic so there won't be any problems there. The Daystar does look nice but it also raises the question about the strength of the extenders versus new bolts. The easier installation process will run about $100 more than the PA or R/C parts.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been running the RC for a little over a year
they work great
I trust the bolts over the adaptors, and I like the t-stat hosung shape rather than the puck shape of the M.O.R.E., but you really can't go wrong with any of them
Old 11-03-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the rough country also, one benefit no one has discussed is that the rc kit comes with the rear bumper brackets...

it only took a couple blows with a hammer to knock the studs out plus I like the idea of a larger contact patch between the frame and the mount.

I had a MORE on my last jeep it was easy to install and it worked great, but I like the design and the idea of the bumper brackets being included with the RC kit......
Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

I am running a PA and it was easy to instal.. maybe 45 mins. Pounding the bolts out was a bit of a pain but only cuz I dont have a vise.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Daystar BL. More pricey-yes. Ease of installation-Very simple. I like the fact they are poly, instead of metal. In my head, that helps with vibrations on the road vs. metal pucks. Dunno if this is true or not.

Been running it for about 6 months, with zero issues.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Choosing a body lift