Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

cold air intakes

Old 05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air intakes

Are the cold air intakes worth it for a 2010 rubicon unlimited? Dealer says chips will void warranty which I'm trying to avoid!

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Depends on what you are wanting out of it. I had one on my 11 and didn't notice any difference in performance or gas mileage but it sure sounded good. That was worth it for me

My 12 on the other hand I seem to have gotten an extra mpg with the Banks CAI and it sounds great
Old 05-23-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally I liked the high end power increase from my CAI. Makes 6th gear useable on the highway. Besides that they are not really impressive over the stock box with a good drop in filter. We have a lot of damp/water in Ohio so getting a snorkel to replace the CAI soon. Long story short if you avoid water and drive a lot of highway they are worth the money. If you wheel in puddles, dust, and stick mostly to trails get a snorkel. It also sounds great (I'm vain I know )
Old 05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

i LOVE my banks. tried TB and tried many other mods, i think this is the best bang for the buck for sound and power. well worth it.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

In my experience, with new cars the gains are marginal and your butt doesn't notice the difference. They do give a car/truck a nice throaty sound which can be worth it.

Quick Reply: cold air intakes