Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Skid System

Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id throw a river raider engine/trans skid and a evap skid and call it a day. Really no need for all that extra weight.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

I run my stock skids and they have taken a beating and are still good. The tranny cross member is bent a bit but nothing to worry about. All I've added are diff covers, weld on sliders and an evap skid and I feel comfortable taking it anywhere. An oil pan skid would be nice but I'll wait

You should be good with what you have.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rock Hard 4x4 - love mine and complete coverage.

Feel free to PM me any time for pricing
Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run Rockhard and Skidrow. No complaints from either. On my 2014 JKUR I chose EVO. I like the level of protection it provides including the 3.6 exhaust loop. I'm in the group that thinks the factory skids on gas tank, transfer case and evap are fine.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Rockhard skids. IMO, Engine/trans skid are a must, and perhaps the evap skid. I obliterated my stock evap skid 2 weeks ago, and need a new canister. You can replace the stock tcase and gas tank skid later when they get too beat up.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mistasparkl
I like the Rockhard skids. IMO, Engine/trans skid are a must, and perhaps the evap skid. I obliterated my stock evap skid 2 weeks ago, and need a new canister. You can replace the stock tcase and gas tank skid later when they get too beat up.
100% agree and that's the order I did it. This is what I tell people, especially those who play in the rocks.

Engine/trans
diff covers
Evap skid
LCA skids
Transfer case and transmission cross member. Generally, if the transfer case skid is that beat up so is your cross member.
Gas. On the gas skid, I like the ones that just wrap the gas skid, unless the stock one is so beat up you've lost capacity in your gas tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tlmarks
I have M.O.R.E. skid plates on my 2011 jkur and am happy with them.
How long have you had this skid and how has is it holding up
Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like you have everything covered except for the oil pan. Ive got the Rancho one but by some miracle Ive never hit it so I dont know how well it will actually hold up. Actually did the Rubicon, Swamp and Coyote lakes last year with nothing but the factory skids. Then I broke off the Evap on Odessa and decided to add an Evap and oil skid.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

I purchased the River Raider oil and trans skid. I also have EVO LCA skids that I need to weld on. I'm going to stick with the factory t-case and gas skid for now.

Quick Reply: Complete Skid System