Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arms Upgrade

Old 05-03-2016, 07:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

He is telling you how easy their new arms are to adjust. step 1 install them on the jeep. step 2 adjust to the needed length. step 3 remove the arms. step 4 put in your big shop vise and crank down the jam nuts. step 5 reinstall the arms. Not as easy as the synergy or off road evolution arms that have a single end double adjuster with lock nut.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to mention that you now have to stock a garage full of grease guns to be able to service your Synergy balls with Synergy grease, RK grease for RK joints and RCV grease for your RCV shafts. I about hate the grease bullshit. How about using standard assed #2 grease like we've used for 200 years!?
Old 05-03-2016, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
He is telling you how easy their new arms are to adjust. step 1 install them on the jeep. step 2 adjust to the needed length. step 3 remove the arms. step 4 put in your big shop vise and crank down the jam nuts. step 5 reinstall the arms. Not as easy as the synergy or off road evolution arms that have a single end double adjuster with lock nut.
I'm not saying I can't do it nor that I haven't done it, because I have multiple times. It's not really a big deal, but it is a pain in the ass.
What you're failing to mention is the lack of a wrench flat or anyway to hold the joint in place as you tighten the jam nut. What you describe is like explaining how to replace a clutch is easy. Step 1. Remove transmission step 2. Remove clutch step 3. Replace clutch step 4. Replace transmission. Sure, it's not brain surgery, but it is frustrating.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I'm not saying I can't do it nor that I haven't done it, because I have multiple times. It's not really a big deal, but it is a pain in the ass. What you're failing to mention is the lack of a wrench flat or anyway to hold the joint in place as you tighten the jam nut. What you describe is like explaining how to replace a clutch is easy. Step 1. Remove transmission step 2. Remove clutch step 3. Replace clutch step 4. Replace transmission. Sure, it's not brain surgery, but it is frustrating.
Ummm. He's being sarcastic.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I'm not saying I can't do it nor that I haven't done it, because I have multiple times. It's not really a big deal, but it is a pain in the ass. What you're failing to mention is the lack of a wrench flat or anyway to hold the joint in place as you tighten the jam nut. What you describe is like explaining how to replace a clutch is easy. Step 1. Remove transmission step 2. Remove clutch step 3. Replace clutch step 4. Replace transmission. Sure, it's not brain surgery, but it is frustrating.
He mentioned it when he said put it in your bench vice. 2 work better or a setup like kjeeper10 has done. But really it isn't that hard to get the joints straight and everything tightened. Again 2 vices is best as you can put both ends in a vice and wrench away.

I was thinking the same as you with the wrench flat if it was on the tube. Would make it easy to do it on the vehicle itself cutting down some time of crawling in and out from under the jeep.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The axle side fork shouldnt be as hard to keep center. Now you are left with the frame side joints.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Ummm. He's being sarcastic.
Well don't I look like quite the fool.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:35 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lally17
Do not order from Morris 4x4!!!

I ordered a set of front and rear lowers and uppers, and they sent me two sets of front lowers and not a set of rear lowers. Needless to say my jeep is up on axle stands while I figure out a way to fix Morris 4x4's issue. They said they will not pay for the return shipping on a part that they messed up on... Great customer service ...NOT
Hey Lally, please shoot me a message so I can look into what happened with your order.
-Chris

Quick Reply: Control Arms Upgrade