Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Conversion to J8 need help

Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at some paint today. I want to get the best I can for as low as I can. I am not sure of this but with talking to a few people that I might have some bleed through. I am thinking of shoting the jeep with a black or grey base befor color to stop the red from comeing through. I am gonna go with Desert Tan. I would like to have mine with the gloss of the AEV ones. The army calls lusterless. Now the paint from work is true paint and comes out ultra flat and looks like power after drying for a few hours.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go the desert tan. It looks great on the AEV J8 and they had a diesel converted TJ in a similar color. I think they termed it "Hearing Aid Biege" at the time.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98jeepboy
Haha. looks like a bradley. That is one way to make hole. I hope that was the intention of that. I would love to drive one, better yet parrelle park one on main street here. I live in mayberry.... You you know Andy Taylor(grifth).
I think it's a Marine amphibous assault vehicle, (AAVPA1)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:34 PM
yatyas

Originally Posted by squirrel killer
yea military trucks and me didnt get along. This is what i spent 9 years on. Semper fi

yatyas!!!!

Quick Reply: Conversion to J8 need help