Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cost Aside, Which Control Arms Are The Best?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost Aside, Which Control Arms Are The Best?

Well basically what the title said...

Cost aside, which control arms are the best?
Old 12-27-2009, 06:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

depends on what you're looking for. little to no maintenance? maximum flex with little to no bind? are you willing to accept some road noise or is factory like comfort required? of course, "best" is completely subjective but, depending on what you're looking for, i'm sure i can point you in the direction of a few that might suit your needs.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my JK is on the road most of the time. But most weekends I'll hit a short tough trail. But every now and then I'll embark on an journey of thousands of miles of crazy terrain and roads. So need something that'll give me great offroad use as well crazy reliability. No replacement parts 2000 miles into an African jungle..

I'm days away from placing the order for everything in my signature and more. So just double checking.
What do you think of what's listed in my signature?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
Well, my JK is on the road most of the time. But most weekends I'll hit a short tough trail. But every now and then I'll embark on an journey of thousands of miles of crazy terrain and roads. So need something that'll give me great offroad use as well crazy reliability. No replacement parts 2000 miles into an African jungle..

I'm days away from placing the order for everything in my signature and more. So just double checking.
What do you think of what's listed in my signature?
looks like you have JKS arms now and for your purposes, i think you went with a good choice. being that they have bonded rubber bushings on both ends, they should last a long time, provide a real comfortable ride and be maintenance free.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2. The bonded factory bushings are one of their best features.

The bushings as simple and unimportant as they appear, can be the source of many problems.

Quick Reply: Cost Aside, Which Control Arms Are The Best?